Chapter 9 - Maafi

"In the eye of storm, we stand still"

Sana layed in bed that night with her face getting hot from both fever as well as from the hot tears rolling down her face. She felt as if she was drowning and there was no one around her to save her, moreover she herself didn't wanted to be saved.

The ache in her chest was so much that she felt like she couldn't breath. Her breaths felt like a burden and walking to the balcony and jumping off from there felt like an easier option than living with this heart ache. She lost him, her husband and she lost herself with him as well.

She was in her pain set when she felt her bed move and the next, some weight was dropped onto her chest making her realize that Aarav was sleeping beside her and he has woken up somehow.

"Aaru bache",she called softly.

"Kya hua", she asked as he just hugged her tighter.

"Daa (dar) lag aa hein", he whispered spelling the r wrong like always.

"Kyu mere bache mumma hein naa apke paas",she cooed.

"Nightmaye", he muttered.

"Relax", she softly mumbled as she ruffled his hairs to comfort him.

"Hnmm hug me tuit (tight)", he said and her heart soared as she held her sweet little boy.

You know there are moments like this in life. The moments when you're actually loosing hope and the whole of yourself but then you need something to hold onto, to keep going and at this moment Aarav felt like that thread which she didn't knew she needed to make her keep going, keep living and keep hoping. And in this one moment when she held him tight against his chest with him still breathing and finding comfort in her. She knew this life of hers is worthy of living. She deserve to live, she might not have her husband by her side, the person whom she had loved the most, but she still have a part of his to cherish.

And she knew by this moment that she'll do it in the best way possible. The little boy of hers would get every single thing needed in the world and she isn't going to let anyone snatch him away from her, even if it means about her marrying again or anything for that matter. Remarriage, the thought seems sour but if it means about her keeping this child this close, she's ready!!

******

"Darn it! ", Sidharth muttered as he let his fist collide against the wall and his knuckles be bruised as an aftermath of his action.

He let himself sat down at his bed as he felt the familiar numbing pain in his knuckles which seem to soothe his daunting mind a bit. His head was pounding, his heart was heavy and all he wanted to do at the moment was to go to her and ask for her forgiveness.

He has been wanting to do everything in his power to make things better for her, for them but what did he end up doing?

Making it all ten times worse for her, she was already dealing with so much and his slip of tongue just added onto it.

Why couldn't he just kept his tongue in control?

How's he going to face her?

How's he going to make her understand that it was never his intention to make things come out this way, how would he justify his slip of tongue, how's he going to make her understand that he wasnt trying to take her husband's place by calling her with the nickname which was so precious to her!

But, alas! There was nothing he could do at the moment so he just layed there awake thinking, rethinking, hopelessly before the sleep got mercy on him and his lids finally closed on their own.