Chapter 29 - Papa

In the broad daylights of the weekend Sana stood in her kitchen stirring the handi containing biryani for lunch. It was a Sunday afternoon, With Bua ji gone, the little chirpiness of the house was gone too. The home felt to be filled with a deafening silence. It has been two days since she has agreed for the marriage proposal and today is the day when she actually has to break it to her little one. Sighing she switched the stove off and walked to Aaru's bed room with her heart in her mouth. She don't know how she's going to break it to him. But she knows that she'll have to. There is no any other choice to her.

"Mummaa", he spoke looking up at her from his nootebook as she took a seat beside him.

"Baby, mumma needs a huggie", she mumbled in a hoarse voice as it was filled with emotions, in return his small arms were wrapped around her own petite figure and she clenched her eyes shut.

Never has she ever dreamed of such a day, where she'll be having a talk like this with her little child.

"All okay? ", he asked curiously as she pulled back.

"Kuch kehna hein mujhe", she started after a pregnant pause.

"I'm all ealzzhh, go on", he encouraged.

"Ek baat ka sach sach jawab dena", she started off.

"Aaaru never lies", he boasted.

"I know meri Jaan but still", she said softly and he nodded.

"Mein Jo bhi kahunga sirf sach kahunga sach ke siwaye or kuj nahi kahunga", he said dramatically.

"Kon sikhata hein tumhe ye dramey, nautankibaaz" she spoke ruffling his hairs.

"My buddy and don't shpoill mah hairs", he whined.

"What do you feel about papa", she asked in a serious tone.

"Chote papa is love. He's always there for me when I need him. He gives me attention and ofcourche, he's a vibe", Aaru Spoke with the happiest and proudest glint shining in his eyes.

Sana was left astonished hearing him. She always knew that Sidharth and her son shared a close bond but she didn't expected Aaru to be this confident while talking about him with this much of confidence and given the fact that she actually didn't clarified about whom she was talking about, bade papa or chote papa. It felt like the term "Papa", was enough for Aaru to address about Sidharth. He seemed so sure of it.

She should have felt bad for Pradeep but the fact that she kind of liked it, a part of her felt relived didnt seem to sit well with her. She hated herself for not feeling in a certain way.

"I was asking about your chote papa", she clarified after gaining back her composure.

"Oh! Uh, he toh is now up there na, stars ke pass?", he said rather asked.

"Haan but voh idhar bhi toh the na apke passs, how do you feel about him", she asked.

"Mujhe nai maloom, mujhe bas aisa lagta ke you know Adi, Khushi, Pari, Ram, joh sab voh apne dads ke sath karte hein, I've done it with chote papa, bade papa always loved me but he couldn't be there for me, meri parents meeting pe, mere sports day pe everywhere, it was him who accompanied me so it was more of chote paaa and less of bade papa so i don't know", he spoke, his words were baffled at times but his emotions and observations didn't.

Sana has always heared from his school teachers that he's a very observant child even more than the children of his same age. But today as she heared him out she was dumbfounded. It felt like as if he has slapped her with reality, with logics and with accurate facts.

She loathed herself for actually giving it to him that what he spoke was actually true . But at the same time, she shouldn't expect her little child to understand the logistics too soon. For the children of this age, they feel connected only with the person whom they see regularly and they only understand the love language. One really can't expect from the little children to understand the hidden emotions or logistics, they just understand what they've been shown.

"Aarav I need to tell you something", she started off with finality.

"Go on", he encouraged with a nod.

"As your fa.... Bade papa gone i'm getting married to your chote papa so he'll be your father from now onwards", she blurted it out in one breath.

"Matlab, he wasn't my father till date?", he asked shocked.

"Beta, aap Yeh sab bade hoke samjhoge but abhi ke liye what am intending to say here is, bade papa will be your dad always like no matter what happens, he'll stay here in your heart but for the physical bond, it'll be Your chote papa from now onwards and I just want to know it from you will that be okay?", she asked gazing at him calculatively.

"Ofcourse! He loves me more than any of my friend's fathers, he's my best buddy", he boasted.

"I'm glad but you shouldn't say it that way, just say that he loves you for you, don't put it up in a comparison okay", she softly mumbled wanting him to understand and he did as he nodded his head after a pose as if he was contemplating her words before actually agreeing to it.

"Always remember mumma loves you", she said spreading her arms for him and he snuggled.

"Aarav loves his mom the most as well", he replied and she smiled placing a peck over his head.

"Chalo let's go out to eat", she said getting up and pulling him with herself.

"Bade papa ko bulaya?", he asked and her heart soared.

"Nahi meri jaan you go and call him until i'll heat up the food and serve okay", she said to which he eagerly nodded and she smiled at him before moving out.

Sana was in the kitchen when Sidharth and Aarav showed up hand in hand walking downstairs towards the dining area. Sana caught a quick glimpse of them and couldn't help the smile which light up her face looking at the duo. They looked absolutely adorable as Aarav animatedly told something to Sidharth and he gazed back at the little boy as if he was his whole world. They made their way to the dining table and Sana dished out the biryani before taking a seat herself.

"Kya raha", he asked and she could sense the nervousness in his tone.

"He agreed", Sana told serving Aarav.

"So", he started but then stopped himself from saying anything further.

"So", she repeated raising a brow at him.

"Unmm I mean umm", he fumbled not knowing what to say as he didn't wanted to seem desperate.

"It'll be 12th",she spoke looking down and he smiled at her.

She has put forward this condition after saying yes to the marriage proposal that she'll talk to Aarav before giving her final decision. Sidharth finally felt that this will actually be manifestated. This wasn't something he has ever dreamt of but this is definitely going to be something he might have ever asked for, ie, the best.

There was this dull ache and a swarming feeling of guilt in his chest but for the moment he just wanted to put it over an off mode as you can't be rational in all situations in life. Specially, after her words, he knew that he has no right to hold himself guilty over whatever happened as none of it was his fault neither he do ever wish for any of it to happen. It was just God's doing and one should always be greatful for what they have in the moment because in the blink of sadness over the previous moment, the current moment will go by as well and the upcoming moment isn't going to be a confirmed good one as well. So, let the present be a priority and live with it.

My exams were going on recently so couldn't really catch up with you guys. How're you all doing?

Mujhe miss kiaaa?

Kya chal Aaa bhaiyaaaa - bhenaooo?

Yeah, one more thing please be a little more active In the comments section please for motivation.
Send me khiraaaaa🥒🥒 🥒
Kyuki bahut garamii horaaa 🏖️🏖️🏖️