Chapter 42 - Loved

Aab thak chuke hein ye kadam, chal ghar chalein 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Sidharth felt being slapped with the harsh reality, a slap which was noiseless just like a heart break. He was expecting too much, may be. He was getting hopes, well wrong hopes to be precise. The truth was she loved someone else but the bitter reality is she still loves someone else. The day he has signed up for this thing, he knew that he is signing up for unrequited love. But the growing bond among the two and the way things were working so far, he was beginning to get hopes. He was hoping, hoping for a future, hoping for his love to be returned, hoping for his love to not to be left unrequited.

But guess what?

These hopes were supposed to be crushed, in the brutal way possible and it just happened.

His heart was in a dieying pain as her words replayed in his head over and over. There was ear defeaning loud music but to him, it was a calm, the calm which numbs everything and he was numb.

But before he could've developed more over his thoughts, he felt her sneaking her arms around his torso as she leaned onto his chest and spoke to him in her gentlest tone possible and he felt his heart stir.

Damn, the love, how hypocritic is this emotion!

Just a moment back he was feeling unbearable pain for himself and just a moment later when he heared her mewl, he felt like just listening to her, no matter what she has to say, but the fact that she was in his arms, talking to him, it felt like it was enough to keep his breathing going.

"I lo.. Loved him so m.. Much, so much, phir bhi, kyu chodha mujhe, mujhe kabhi upar nahi rakha, kyu mera pyaar kamzoor tha ya mera vishwas kamzoor tha", she said in a broken voice.

Sidharth felt his heart clench. He has taken things wrong, her words weren't directed to him, it was just her emotions which was coming out. She was sharing a part of her, probably a dark part of her, that too unknowningly.

A sadistic part of him, pondered over the tense too. She said "loved".

"Maine apni izzat, apna ghar, apne sapne, apni zindagi sab chodh diya Yaar, sab kuch chodh kar sirf ek chiz mangi thi, apne pati ka sath , itni buri thi mein ki mujhe voh bhi naseeb nahi hua", she asked to no one in particular, her voice feeble.

He knew at the moment that the question wasn't directed to him, neither were her complaints. They were directed to no one in particular. It was just the pent up emotions, the feelings which she has kept inside her for so long. She has always tried to be strong but everybody has their fair share of complaints, the unsatisfied person inside overpowers someday or the other and the overwhelming emotions you feel are just out of world.

This was her moment too, she has been blind and helpless at the hands of love and fate, she has let it all settle too. She has made peace with things. She has always tried to be the woman up, person, the mature one's. But being, intoxicated she was bare, she couldn't mask her complaints from her husband, her disappointment in fate. The way life has turned her down, the way life has been unfair to her.

"Jane pe bhi khud toh gaye, mujhe zindagi bhar ka gham dekar gaye, mere chote se bache ke sir se uske baap ka saya cheen lia, or mujhe sari duniya se manhoos ka tanna dilwaya, kya kisi ko pyaar karna itni badi galati hein jiski itni badi saza milti hein, Ya maine kisi ka itna kuch bigad diya hein ki, voh hisab chukta hi nahi ho raha", she said lost she was slightly shaking while her hands were holding the corner of his t-shirt as she rolled it around her fingers.

Damn, he should've thought before opting for a scotch. The majority of consumers, says that it makes people overwhelmed and sad. She was being a living example of the study.