Chapter 20 - Frustration

It was nine at the night and Sana was in the kitchen boiling milk for Bua ji and her thoughts running all over the possible places. She was thinking about the ways in which she could convince Bua ji to let her continue her very new job. She has this desire to not to just leave this opportunity which she has got after so many years. But at the very same time she has this sickening feeling that this is not going to be in her favor. That woman is one hell of a headache and she doesn't leaves any psossible or even impossible chance to trouble her.

Sighing and taking a deep breath, she prepared herself to look normal and walked towards bua ji's room which was originally her room. That woman has kind of snatched Sana's room and now Sana has to live in Sidharth's room. For the stance, Sana convinced herself with the fact that it's still better than sharing the room with that woman.

Sana was about to knock at the door when she heared her talking to someone and the words caught her attention as soon as they fell on her ears, making her stop and stunned.

"Mein baat karungi abhi toh aayi hoon or Sidharth bhi yaha nahi hein, uske bina kaise baat karu mein", Sana heared Bua ji talking to someone on the phone.

"Haan... Ar.. Arey, shaadi ke liye hi bolna hein na bhai... Haa.. Ha.. Aap chinta mat na karo mein dekh lungi thik see... Thik Ram raam", she further heared.

"Arey! Vaha kyu khadi hein", Sana heared the familiar voice breaking her trance.

"J.. Jii", Sana stuttered.

"Yaha kyu khadi hein", Bua ji asked with a sharp gaze.

"Voh a.. Apka doodh", Sana said forwarding the tray after composing herself a little.

"Shubh ratri", saying so Bua ji left so did Sana.

******

Sana ran to her room as she felt like she couldn't breathe. She locked the door behind and sat down at the floor. The word "marriage", was running in her head. It felt so wrong, painful, heart wrenching. She knew about this thing from a while now. So it's supposed to be getting done. But there are things life for which one could never be prepared about them with absolute acceptance. And this was one such thing to her. She couldn't do it and moreover, isn't it too soon. Isn't everyone around doing too much of injustice to her!

Nobody asked her permission before making the decision of her second marriage and now no one dared to even ask her if she's ready for it yet. Although, she don't think that she could ever be ready for it completely. But still they could've asked her this.

"But wait, Do Sidharth knows about it", she thought to herself.

"Kahi voh Yeh sab ki vajah se hi toh nahi gaye", her inner self mocked.

She sighed as tears rolled down from her eyes involuntarily. Sighing she tried to compose herself a little as she remembered that she has to accompany Aaru today, as he has some unfinished work to do which he has to submit tomorrow and he needs help. Usually, Sidharth is the one who gives his take on such things but as he's not here so Sana has to go.

*****

"Aajau mein", Sana asked as she stood at the door gazing at her son completely indulged in work and he looked at her startled but too deeply in her eyes and for a moment she got lost.

Those eyes, they were exact replica of Sidharth and her husband. It wasn't for the first time, every time he looks at her deeply she gets lost.

"Maa you're late", he said rather complained.

"Come here gimme a hug first", Sana said taking a seat at the tiny bed, beside him and opening her arms.

"You always ask for hugs, I mean I know I'm chaming and all but that doesn't means that you'll take advantage of it, all the times", he said before leaving the pencil and engulfing her.