Chapter 47 - Numb

It's been a week, a week to them not getting along. A week of her to even have a proper glance at him. He reaches home late, leaves sooner. The field work probably ends before late evening but he reaches home by nine and then go straightway to his room. He won't even have food made by her. He'll just come to have sleep. No talks, no food, no eye contact nothing. He doesn't even rings doorbell. He swipes his own key, picks Aarav, carry him to his room, have some chit chat with him for thirty minutes and then go straight to sleep.

Sana was awful to say the least, they've never been this distant from each other. He was the one, on whom he has relied for so many years. They've been each other's silent confides, but now it feels like there is this huge bridge among the two.

Sana sees this as his way of getting back at her.

Well, talking about Sidharth his view point is a whole different thing. He has been all occupied throughout. The work at the farm is hectic, there is just so much to do for another ten days and everything requires his supervision. Other than that, the house hunt is draining him out. He has seen almost twenty homes by now but couldn't bring himself to talk to her about any one it. Everything feels unworthy, some space isn't appropriate for them, some doesn't have the prime location, some doesn't had his wish built, some lacks the quality of being a good owner. The list is never ending and he didn't knew how to actually come to a conclusion with this whole thing. He wants to give them the best and henceforth, he didn't wanted to settle for any less.

Talking about the Sana thing, he is not avoiding her deliberately well, to just some extent. He is scared inside that if he saw her she might say sorry and regret the forehead kiss which she has given to his very soul. He was definitely not ready to hear it. He wasn't running from it though he knew he has to face her one day. But, it felt like heavens knew his fears were real and henceforth they're keeping him so busy that he barely has any power when he gets home. The only thing that's left in his head till the time when he reaches home, is the comfort of his room's surroundings.

******

The sun peeping through the windows along with a little morning breeze flowing with it, giving away the time being still early. Sun has just begun with it's shining admist the sky. She gazed at the digital wall clock which displayed it to be four fifty. Sighing, she closed her eyes again for ten minutes.

Her alarm rang making her open her eyes as the it was 5:02 am. She immidiately got up and rushed to the balcony watching him leaving in the car and sighed. She then walked to the kitchen and found a container in the sink, her heart sighed in contentment. He at least ate something.

She walked back to her bed and fell asleep. Her and Aarav still had another two weeks left for their summer vacations and henceforth, she didn't had to hurry up in the morning. Although, she has always woken up to cook food for him even in the past week, just the first two days. When, he didn't even took his lunch box with him. She stopped making it, as it was the wastage of food and she is pretty strict about that thing. So, she stopped making food. Although, that doesn't means that she stopped with her preparations. Instead, she switched to other things, like leaving chopped fruits in a box, in the refrigerator, like leaving a box of peeled pomogrenate in the refrigerator and something as such, something which won't go to wastage.

But he didn't payed heed to any of it. He didn't said anything, he didn't took anything. It felt like he has thrown her out of his life, in a whiplash.

She started her day the same yet again, like any other day, doing the household chores, cooking food for three and looking after her little one, hearing to him rant about his day. She felt like she was crubling all around as she served food for Aarav and herself. She barely had the heart to eat, but of course doing the household chores herself has taken up her energy and her body needs food. She barely ate the first bite when the doorbell rang. Her heart sang in approval that maybe it was him. Maybe he made it here today.