310

-Namjoon's POV-

Within an hour of being at Elite, the club was already busy preparing for tonight. The staff was sufficient enough that I didn't have to micromanage, so I spent most of the morning either in my office or meeting with potential investors. After finishing a conversation with one, I saw Seokjin enter the club, standing right under the balcony of the second floor bar.

Me: I'm sorry...I gotta handle this.

I nodded them away and gestured to Jin to follow me to my office. He did so in a hurry, bowing to the guard outside before closing the door behind us. I leaned against my desk, removing my suit jacket and laying on the desk chair behind me.

Me: You're late.

Seokjin: My father and sister didn't clock in this morning. I had to take over.

Me: Great. That's what I want to talk about.

Seokjin: I figured. Joohyun tried running away last night...but felt like you were tracking her.

Me: Look at that. She has a brain.

Seokjin: What...is it that you think I know?

Me: What is it that you do know?

Seokjin: Not much.

Me: Jin, if you haven't been loyal to me for so long, I'd be skinning you alive with the rest of them.

Seokjin: I know.

Me: But that doesn't mean I'm above it.

Seokjin: Boss...I really don't know much. All I know is the deal they made with the distributors.

Me: That's obvious.

Seokjin: Yeah. Everything else is going to have to come from them.

Me: How much do you think they care about you?

Seokjin: Like...?

Me: Like if I held a gun to your head...all beaten and bloody, will your sister and father intervene to save you?

Seokjin: Joohyun will. She's cold, but always been protective. I don't know so much about my dad...he's a "cut your losses" type of person.

Me: And you said they're at the clinic?

Seokjin: They are now.

Me: Then let's go.

I took my jacket and my phones just as Soyeon dropped the pin of the warehouse. I furrowed my eyebrows at the thirty minute commute. What the fuck is she doing all the way out in Sariju? I brushed off my concern as I left my office with Jin following behind me. James met us outside, holding the door open for the two of us.

Me: Clinic. And then to the address I sent you.

James: Yes, sir.

Giving a half bow, James closed the door behind me. Meanwhile, I checked my phone to see if Soyeon's location had moved. I regretted letting her leave this morning the second she got in the car. She can handle herself, that's a given. But her being alone with J and going into a warehouse without knowing what on the other side. At the very least she's in the same place and is responding at her normal speed.

Seokjin: What's the plan?

Me: Pretend to be scared enough that Joohyun will crack.

Seokjin: *quietly* Well...not a lot of pretending to do there.

Me: What?

Seokjin: I didn't say anything.

Me: I have a proposition for you, Jin.