316

-3rd Person POV-

Seokjin sat in confusion. He's been wearing his headset for hours but not a sound has come from Joohyun's apartment. Nothing has come from there in days. Not even from her office -- but both her and Sungwoo haven't been to the clinic since the night BG died. Radio silence.

He sat like that all day and accepted his fear: his bugs were found. And that realization left him crippled with anxiety for the rest of the day. He thought about calling Jungkook or Yoongi...maybe even Taehyung. But he didn't know what good would come from that. He'll try to live safely in the knowledge that they don't know that they're his bugs.

When Joohyun came in, it was the first time Seokjin had seen her in days. Sungwoo was with her and looked as good as any other day. Joohyun however looked haunted. As if she hadn't sleep in days, even with the four layers of concealer she applied. Seokjin immediately ripped off his headset as he saw them approach his office -- then pulled up residency reports on his computer to pretend to focus on.

Joohyun: There you are, brother.

Seokjin: *typing* Yep. This is where I always am.

Sungwoo: Mhm.

Seokjin: I haven't seen you two in a few days. I'm assuming you handed BG over, right? Because if RM is going to jump me again I'd at least like a heads up so I can get knee pads.

Joohyun: Let it go.

Seokjin: I will with my nose heals.

Joohyun: BG was caught. But I think you already knew that. In fact...I think you nudged RM in just the right direction so that he would find BG before we could.

She reached into her pocket and dropped the dismantled listening device on Seokjin's desk. Joohyun's face was very plain -- as if she didn't believe what she was accusing him of. Sungwoo watched him carefully waiting for his reaction. Jin's face fell, blinking irregularly with his mouth trembling as he tried to get a word out.

Joohyun took a step back, her face falling too. She tightened her eyebrow watching Seokjin get more nervous and unsteady. She scoffed and Jin broke eye contact, focusing on the broken bug, pressing his lips together.

Sungwoo: I told you.

Joohyun: No...no.

Sungwoo: You ungrateful little shit.

Joohyun: You're bullshitting me.

Seokjin: I can explain-

Joohyun: Fuck you! Do you know how much I stuck my neck out for you?

Seokjin: Not far enough, you almost killed me already!

Sungwoo: WE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YOU! FOR YOU! SO WE CAN LEAVE BEHIND A LEGACY!

Seokjin: *scoffing* A legacy? Being kingpins? Running around trying to avoid murder and police at the same time? When have I ever been okay with your antics? When have I ever been okay with using OUR business to fund A GODDAMN CARTEL.

Sungwoo: THIS CARTEL RUNS SODOL. Whether you want to admit it or not. RM is the king of this city. That's all I ever wanted for you. You and your sister.

Seokjin: Thanks for informing me on your plan to make me the king of a kingdom that I don't want to be in.

Hearing two clocks, Jin fell silent. The barrel pressed against his head was trembling, and out of the corner of his eye he say Joohyun. She was still shaking her head, sighing and blinking back tears. Sungwoo's lips twisted into a sadistic smile as he leaned towards Seokjin, resting his hand on the desk.