205

- Soyeon's POV -

When you've been sharing a bed with someone for so long, waking up in an empty bed feels like a different kind of cold. Even though Namjoon replaced himself with one of the pillows on the bed for me to hold while I continued to sleep, it doesn't beat actually having him.

I made my way down the steps of the penthouse to the lower level. On the dining table was a bag full of bagels and a note: "sorry to leave you, princess. i had some work to do for the hotel and the club. i'm free at two if you want to come by @ elite. here is james' number..."

I had my bagel, put the rest in the fridge, and got dressed after calling James. Before going to Elite, I wanted to go back east and see Jungkook and Jooeun. The store was still closed, but Jooeun came down and let me inside.

Inside, Yoongi, Taehyung, Seokjin, and Jooeun all crowded around Jungkook, who is slowly coming into his recovery enough to make jokes and laugh. I said hi to everyone, but I doubt they actually hear me from how low my voice was.

Jungkook: Where's Batman, Robin?

Me: *laughing* He's working.

Jungkook: Real work or is he off being a scary boyfriend?

Me: *smiling* Real work. But I'm going to see him later.

Yoongi: Do you want anything to eat or drink?

Me: No, I'm good, thanks.

Taehyung: No offense, but what are you doing here?

Me: I...just know what it's like to feel like you're going to die. And I know the more support the better.

Jungkook: I don't know you that well, but I appreciate it. This shit sucks.

Jooeun: You'll get better soon.

Me: This thing with Jimin doesn't make sense. I mean, he helped me save Namjoon's life.

Seokjin: Well, rule number one about this life is that you can't trust anyone.

Me: But isn't this the point of the seven of you guys being tight. Because you can trust each other.

Seokjin: It was. But this just reminds us-

Yoongi: To not be so attached. Trust but be prepared to drop them at any moment.

Me: Wow.

Jungkook: He's right. That's just how it is.

Taehyung: Eat or be eaten.

Jungkook: *laughing* Or have your scary boyfriend eat them.

Me: Haha.

Taehyung: He's a little jackass isn't he?

Jungkook: You guys know you love me.

Me: When is going to be able to get out of bed?

Seokjin: His wound isn't that deep, so I'd give him til the end of the week to be on his feet again.

Jungkook: *sighing* I'm going to miss Yoongi's cooking.

Seokjin: I promise, it's not better than mine.

Yoongi: You can't let anyone have anything can you?

Me: Are you going to go back to dealing after you're better?

Jungkook: I'm going to try.

Seokjin: No, you're going to take it easy so you don't rip your fucking stitches.