106 (S)

- 3rd Person POV -

When Soyeon left her room, there were three people out there. Two women and one man, all of them dressed in hotel security uniforms though their jobs extend beyond the hotel. Explaining that she was going up to see Namjoon, one of the women escorted her up in the elevator.

All the lights were off in the penthouse except for the little shining out of the bottom of Namjoon's bedroom door. Soyeon knocked softly, she was lucky Namjoon was just reading, otherwise he wouldn't have heard her.

He reached for his gun under his pillow and flipped the safety off, sliding his book onto the nightstand and quickly made sure that his weapon was fully loaded.

Soyeon: Namjoon? Are you in there?

Namjoon exhaled, hiding the gun back under his bed. He opened the door, looking down on at the obviously uneasy girl in front of him. Her hands were shaking, her mouth opening to speak but nothing coming out.

Namjoon: Hi...

Soyeon: Hi.

Namjoon: Are you okay?

Soyeon: No...um...can I spend the night in here instead?

Namjoon: Yeah. Come.

By the time Soyeon had sat on the bed, she regretted her decision to come up here. She turned, looking at the book on Namjoon's night table, Requiem for a dream. Also on his nightstand were his two phones, charging, and a half empty glass of whiskey.

Not surprising, but she couldn't meet Namjoon's eyes. It reminded her of today's earlier events too much. The glimmer of contentment in his eyes as Yoongi broke every bone in Ji-Tae's face until finishing him off.

Namjoon: Why aren't you asleep?

Soyeon: I couldn't...I just couldn't.

Namjoon: Do you want a drink?

Soyeon: How do you do it?

Namjoon: Do what?

Soyeon: Kill people. Watch people die. How do you live with that on your conscience?

Namjoon: Is that why you couldn't sleep?

Soyeon: Not just that.

Namjoon: What else?

Soyeon: You.

Namjoon: *laughing* Me?

Soyeon: I don't trust you....that completely came out wrong. I'm so sorry.

Namjoon: You don't need to apologize.

Soyeon: It's just...I don't get you. You're like two sided. You're all gentle and careful with me but out there you're ruthless. I can't wrap my head around it. Because that ruthless side of you terrifies me.

Namjoon: Hey, look at me.

Large and veiny, Namjoon's hands cupped up Soyeon's face, searching her eyes with his. Her reaction to his sudden touch was minimal, but Soyeon held eye contact. In her book, that's a feat.

These hands have tampered, stolen, beaten, pulled several triggers, and killed. But being touched by them, who would know that when they feel so soft and gentle and harmless.

Namjoon: I meant it when I said that I didn't want to hurt you. I don't want you hurt at all. And I tend to get what I want.

Soyeon: *giggling* I see.

Namjoon: ...

Soyeon: What?

Namjoon: Nothing. I just really like your smile.