206

- Namjoon's POV -

I waited outside the back door of Legacy, leaning against the car with James inside. Just the sheer thought of having to speak to Sungwoo later makes my blood boil. Coming back here, and he's acting like he's in charge all the sudden. Like it's his fucking crew to control. I've been planning this speech to put him back in his place all day, and been penting up that energy to strike him with.

But the back door of the hotel opened and all that agitation was gone in seconds. Soyeon came out, dressed in a green romper I'd never expect her to wear. She was brighter than the street lights and the sun rays shining on her.

Soyeon: Hi...

Me: Hi. Wow.

Soyeon: What? Am I overdressed?

Me: No. No, you look...

Soyeon: ...

Me: ...absolutely amazing.

Soyeon: *smiling* Thanks. You look nice too.

Me: I'm really just walking around here with the baddest woman in Sodol.

Soyeon: *blushing* Stop.

I opened the door for her to get in the back seat of the SUV. I quickly closed the divide window to get privacy from James. He doesn't need to see me like this. No one does. This side of me...this is for her eyes only.

Kim's house is...eh. It's located at the end of the street, with a concrete border covering the property. The wall breaks with a staircase on the side, very short, and leads to a front gate where you have to ring yourself in. Past that gate, you have to walk through this..."extravagant" yard that must be a pain in the ass to maintain, to get to the front door.

The inside is big. Eh. My place in Malibu is bigger. And whoever designed the interior has a painfully tacky taste. It felt like being inside the house of a half-blind, disowned Kardashian sister. But Soyeon's endearing reaction made it slightly harder for me to judge.

Sungwoo: RM! Soyeon! So glad you could make it!

He walked in, short, round, and bald, in a tan suit that doesn't compliment him at all. He stood in the middle of the grand staircase, bowing, then walking up to shake my hand. Remembering my warning from yesterday, he didn't touch Soyeon's and replaced it with a nod. Her grip on my sleeve released with a sigh of relief.

Sungwoo: Come! Come, dinner is almost ready. Jin and Joohyun will be down any second. I'm afraid Mrs. Kim will not be joining us though.

To speak of the devil, Joohyun walked in on her stilettos, slowly walking down the stairs in a bold red dress. And clumsily, Jin came in, rushing down on the other set of stairs, fumbling with his jacket and hair. Joohyun rolled her eyes, embarrassed at her twin.

Seokjin: What's up, Robin?

Soyeon: Hi.

Joohyun: *giggling* Robin? That's cute.

Just like that, two people who previously had nothing really to do with each other grew a tension so strong that it would scratch a diamond. Joohyun flashed a fake innocent smile while Soyeon's faded.

Sungwoo: ...uh...This way.

He led us to a dining room that, like the rest of the house, is too basically decorated to be owned by a man as wealthy as Sungwoo. I sat one head of the table, forcing Sungwoo out of his spot to sit at the bottom end. Soyeon took the seat next to me and Jin and Joohyun sat side by side across from her.

Joohyun: What's it like being back, Joon?

Me: You know, Joohyun, it's quiet fucking stressful.