320 (PART ONE)

-Soyeon's POV-

Everything around me felt bright and my eyes were heavy and burning. Opening them was the hardest thing I'd ever have to do. When I lifted them up, I immediately squeezed them shut again, wincing. There was a beep sound blaring through the room, making my head throb in its temples. I groaned, rubbing my eyes with my palm and eased them open.

The room was fuzzy and white, lights bright and fluorescent. I realized that my other hand was trapped between two others, and the one I raised was impelled with a needle and wrapped with medical tape. I turned my head, slowly opening my eyes in the direction of my held hand. There was only one person I knew with hands this soft -- and I smiled.

Me: *weakly* Namjoon. You're...*smiling* here.

Namjoon: *smiling* Of course I am, princess.

Me: I missed you.

As I squeezed his hand back, he brought the back of my palm to his lips. His eyes...he looked so tormented but relieved at the same time, and clearly hadn't slept in days. I noticed his hands, they were bruised and cut open on each knuckle yet he didn't show any sign of pain. Nor was there any other scratch on his body. I jolted up anyway, and Namjoon quickly eased me back down to the bed.

Namjoon: Easy, Soyeon. You just woke up.

Me: But you're hurt!

Namjoon: You have a concussion.

Me: Heh. Right. I definitely win this one.

Namjoon: *smiling* Yeah. How are you feeling?

Me: Everything hurts. I want to go home.

Namjoon: Tomorrow, princess. As long as your condition doesn't worsen we can get you home tomorrow.

Me: How long was I out?

Namjoon: Two days. Do you remember anything?

Me: I remember everything. Is Sungwoo...?

Namjoon: He's never going to hurt you again.

Me: What about Joohyun? Jordyn shot her.

Namjoon: She's a few doors down. She bled so much...plus her wound is infected. They're not optimistic.

Me: She's gonna die?

Namjoon: Well...the likelihood of her making it is slim.

Me: Is it bad that I don't feel bad?

Namjoon: No.

Me: But what does that say about me? Being indifferent to someone's life?

Namjoon: Considering that this person tried to take your, I'd say it makes you human. But...I shouldn't tell you how to feel.

Me: ...Joon?

Namjoon: I'm sorry. Soyeon, I'm so sorry.

Me: Sorry? Sorry for what?

Namjoon: For everything. You don't deserve this.

Me: It's not your fault. No matter how guilty you feel, it's never your fault.

Namjoon: I think I have more responsibility than I want to admit. There were so many times you've been attacked, hurt, or triggered while working with me. And I kept ignoring you.

Me: You've cried with me on the bathroom floor until I calmed down. I'd hardly call that ignoring.

Namjoon: I should've done more.

Me: But it's me who keeps going.

Namjoon: Because of me.

Me: Because I want to help you. I want to be the one building you to be great.