202

- Namjoon's POV -

A bad habit I've picked up in my fast paced life is appreciating things that are far away from me. Honolulu? This view of the beach in the middle of the afternoon. The people, the music, the ocean, and the breeze. The scene is breathtaking itself.

One day, I'll take Soyeon back here. Let her enjoy herself on the water instead of her crash landing here after nearly drowning in the Pacific. Give her a week or two for her to be around the people, listen to the music, swim in the ocean, and dance in the breeze. And be herself, which is a sight much more breathtaking than the scene behind her.

Suddenly, when I was looking out the window as the plane was about to begin take off, Soyeon's hand grazed mine. I turned mine over and waited the next few minutes for her to bind our hands together.

Me: Do you not like flying?

Soyeon: I've never been on a plane.

Me: Oh really?

Soyeon: Yeah.

Me: Nervous?

Soyeon: Kind of nervous. Kind of excited.

Me: Do you want the window seat?

Soyeon: No. That's fine.

The plane began to rise from the runway and in turn, Soyeon's grip on my hand tightened. I made circles on the back of her palm with my thumb, slowly, gently, keeping within her comfort range. She wasn't scared of the flight at all. The opposite. She was excited, leaning over me to look out of the window as the plane took off.

When we reached the roaming altitude, I pulled the armrest up when Soyeon was ready to get closer. She climbed into my seat and rested her head below my shoulder. She was pushing herself so much that when she got that close to me, she started shaking and breathing at an almost hyperventilation pace.

Me: *whispering* Take your time.

Soyeon: *breathing* I'm...I'm sorry.

Me: *whispering* Don't be sorry. It's ok.

Soyeon: *breathing* Ok.

Me: *whispering* You're safe. I'm not going to hurt you.

Her breathing slowed and she found herself at a rest. She couldn't tell, but I was staring. It's been a while since I looked at someone or something and felt what I'm feeling. It's overwhelming. For once, it's something I can't process.

I just know that there is nothing I wouldn't do to protect her. Keep her safe and without pain, physical or mental. Just healthy and happy. That's what I want. Healthy and happy and, if she chooses, with me.

She broke my cover and removed my sunglasses. Her pout turned into a smile, a smile that I adored. I slipped off her sunglasses too, staring into her soft almond eyes, and grazed her lips with my thumb.

Me: I promise next time you're on a plane, it'll be a real vacation.

Soyeon: *smiling* Where would we go?

Me: Anywhere you want. You command and I'll obey.

Soyeon: Heh. Since when have you ever taken commands from someone?

Me: I don't. But I'll make an exception for you.

Soyeon: Why? What makes me so special?

Me: I like you. That's what makes you special.

Soyeon: *quietly* I like you too.

She slowly brought a shaky hand up to my face. When her palm met my face, she stopped trembling. She got a fluke of confidence and sat up enough to kiss me with her unrealistically soft lips.