317

-Namjoon's POV-

Me: One order of shrimp pad thai.

Usually, at shrimp, Soyeon would be leaping towards the elevator to snatch the bag out of my hands. But the second I stepped off the elevator I felt in my gut something was off. There wasn't a single light on and the air was still. There wasn't music coming from upstairs, shower water wasn't running, and the curtains weren't pulled over the windows despite it being after sun set -- one of her biggest pet peeves.

Me: Soyeon?

I sat the takeout bag on the dining table, and pulled the curtains over the windows. I started to notice more little things that would've driven her crazy: Dishes left in the sink that weren't enough for a dishwasher load, stovetop with (only a little) grease residue, a candle left burning, lights off in the hallways and over the staircase.

Flipping on all the lights, I went upstairs to the bedroom. No lights, her side of the bed not made, closet door wide open. I checked in there, in the bathroom, and went back downstairs and checked my office -- nothing. Soyeon just...wasn't here.

She's gone...really gone.

But she wouldn't do that. Just disappear without saying goodbye. I'm paranoid. Freaking out for no reason. She's probably just...out somewhere. Forgot her cramp medicine or ran out of ice cream. Or forgot I said to meet at the penthouse and is on her way to Elite. But that wouldn't explain the break of her routine.

Stop it, Namjoon. She didn't run away.

I tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail on both phones. I tried her several times, pacing around the penthouse when I noticed her gun laying out in the open on the living room coffee table, something she's scolded me about doing since she moved up here. Again, the phone went to voicemail.

Going back upstairs, I dialed her personal phone again. Voicemail. Dial again. Voicemail. Nothing. I started to send texts that stayed on delivered. I tried her "work" phone and got nothing. Texted too. Nothing. It dawned on me she hasn't read any of my messages since she told me she was downstairs with lunch.

More things weren't adding up. The gun. All her clothes and jewelry were still here aside from her placeholder engagement ring. That gave me some hope. I tried her phone again as I went downstairs, thinking she might be with Jordyn. There were three guards down there, talking amongst themselves. They all looked stressed -- fidgety. And jumped when they noticed me.

Me: Where is she?

Guard (one): J?

Me: ...Robin.

Guard (one): Oh! Right...um...

Me: J is supposed to be locked in that room. Is she not in there?

Guard (three): She said there was someone outside!

Me: ...

Guard (two): What the hell?!

Guard (three): She said there was someone outside and then the next second she was just gone-

Me: Leave.

Guard (three): What?

Me: All of you. Leave. Now.

They all but ran to the elevator and I busted into Jordyn's room. It was tidy, but that's nothing new. Bathroom light was left on, as well as a lamp. Little things out of order, a drawer not closed all the way, pen dropped on the floor, curtains wide open. My vision went blurry and red, toppling over a dresser.

My anger spread to the coffee table and TV, breaking things aimlessly in my path. I stepped away to calm myself but that was impossible with a million scenarios going in my head with no idea which one is true. I took out my "work" phone and sent a group message out to everyone, from Jin to Yoongi.