[31] DESTINY ARRIVES

DESTINY ARRIVES

"O-kay." Clint says. "Kind of creepy how they did that."

"What do you mean? What's coming?" Bruce asks, his brows furrowed in concern.

As if on cue, a yellow portal opens in the center of the room, drawing everyone's attention.

The Avengers immediately suit up as this new figure approaches, their bodies in position, ready to defend themselves if need be.

"There is not much time." The figure says. "My name is Dr. Strange and I need you to listen very carefully."

"I'm sorry, is that supposed to mean anything to us?" Tony says.

"Yes." Dr. Strange replies. "Because the world is in danger. The fate of the universe is at stake." He adds, sending Tony a slight glare.

"Please continue." Steve says, arms crossed as he listens.

"Thanos is coming."

"Who?"

"It's better if I just show you." Dr Strange says, a projection of the cosmos appearing above them as he proceeds to explain who Thanos is and what the infinity stones are.

"What do they want?"

"They are after the stones." Dr. Strange answers in a calm manner. "And so far, we have two stones here on Earth."

"Right. So why don't we just get rid of them?" Tony suggests.

"No can do." Dr. Strange says.

"It is my duty to protect the time stone." Dr. Strange says. "Even if it means my life."

"And there is no way Vision is giving up the mind stone." Wanda says, standing protectively in front of Vision.

"No one is going to take the stones by force." Steve reassures.

"Yeah, but can we really keep the stones safe?" Tony says. "I mean, according to the wizard, Thanos already has two stones. If he manages to get his hands on these..."

"I don't think I need to finish that thought." He adds, gesturing around.

"Well, there has to be something we can do." Steve says.

"We could destroy the stones." Vision suggests.

"Absolutely not." Wanda says. "Vis, if we take out the stone or destroy it..."

"I know." Vision says, bringing Wanda's hand up to his lips. "I know. But it must be done. For the sake of the universe."

"No." Wanda says, shaking her head. "I...I can't." She adds, averting her gaze to the ground.

"Wanda please." Vision begs, the girl shaking her head in response.

"This is what I was afraid of." Tony says. "I knew this day would come, but I was kind of hoping it didn't."

He turns to the girl.

"Vanessa, now might be a really good time to back to your world."