[39] FOR THE ONES WE LOST

FOR THE ONES WE LOST

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ   One Shot- Alan Silvestri0:01 ─●──────── 2:03   ◁          II          ▷

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
   One Shot- Alan Silvestri
0:01 ─●──────── 2:03
             II         

"Hey," A very familiar voice calls out, his voice making her heart swell with warmth.

"What are you up to?" He asks, making his way behind her to try to take a closer look at her notes, the girl blinking in surprise when she sees his figure out of the corner of her eyes.

"Pete?" She hesitantly calls out, the boy smiling in response.

"I heard you were having trouble with your project so I came to check on you," he says, leaning his hands on the desk.

The girl doesn't respond to that, instead pulling him into a tight hug, feeling immediate relief when he wraps his arms around her as well.

"Hey," he says, softening his tone, gently patting her back, "what's up?"

"Nothing," She says, pursing her lips. "It's just good to see you," she adds looking away from him.

Realization dawns on her as she looks back at him.

"Wait...this is a dream isn't it?"

Peter just gives her a small smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes in response, confirming her thoughts.

How she wishes he were here.

"Here," Peter says, handing her a note, "you missed this earlier."

"Thanks," she says, taking it in her hands, "this is exactly what I needed! I can't believe I missed this," she adds, running a hand through her hair.

"What's wrong?" She asks when her friend whips his head up, looking at her with an unreadable expression.

"Someone is calling you," he says, "it's time to wake up Ness."

"Wait, don't leave," she says, holding his hand, "please."

"Don't worry," he says, flashing her a quick smile, "we'll meet again soon. You got this."

"Now, go. They're calling for you."

"What?" She asks with a frown, jumping when she hears another voice.

"Hey," A soft voice calls out. "It's time to wake up."

"Pete?" She says, rubbing her eyes.

"Nope, not Pete." Tony says, his eyes softening at the mention of the boy's name, "it's just me."

"Oh, hi."

She must have fallen asleep.

"Come on, we're having a team meeting."