[24] MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE?

MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE?

     After countless obstacles and what felt like an eternity, the day has finally arrived for the long awaited wedding, the Avengers finishing up any last minute details before they head to their respective rooms to get ready for the night

In her room, Vanessa softly hums to herself as she finishes her make up, a smile forming on her lips when she spots a shadow out of the corner of her eyes.

"Hi Loki." She says, turning to face him as she clips her earrings. "What brings you here?"

"I came to bother my favorite mortal," he nonchalantly says, "as one usually does."

"Right."

"How have you been feeling?"

"Better." She answers with a smile, but Loki still scans the girl out of the corner of his eye to make sure she is really okay.

Lowering her gaze, she adds, "I never really got to thank you the other day."

"You should really consider visiting," he says, changing the subject, uncomfortable with the thanks, "you could get more training that way."

The girl notices but says, "maybe one of these days I will."

"I could use some help with—" she stops, quieting down when she notices his emerald eyes piercing into her soul.

"Um, Loki?"

Without saying another world, the mischievous being stands up, crossing the room to get to the girl, his brows furrowed.

"What is that?" Loki asks, stepping closer to her, his face only inches away from hers.

"What is what?" She shakily asks, a chill running down her arm as she takes a step back.

"The thing on your face." He points out with a frown, his hand hovering around her cheek, but it never makes contact.

Vanessa lets out a shaky, nervous but relieved breath.

"You mean makeup?" She asks, chuckling at the question, self consciously pulling a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Yes. Why are you wearing it?"

"Because it's a special occasion." She answers, relaxing her shoulders.

"Why? Does it look bad?"

When he sees her expression, his gaze softens.

Loki is not the kind to give a compliment, so he replies,

"It's not bad. It's just...different." He says, pulling his hand away. "I hadn't seen you wear it before."

"It's Tony's wedding today." Vanessa explains, watching as he walks away.

"I heard." He says, a ghost of a smile on his lips. "Don't worry, I'm not staying long."