[34] EVERYTHING AS WE KNEW

EVERYTHING AS WE KNEW

     Everything as they knew it is gone with just a snap of his fingers

Steve anxiously paces around the room where the remaining members of the team are gathered.

"Still no word from them?" He asks.

"Not at all." Natasha says, letting out a sigh. "We still don't know where they are, or even if, you know..."

"There has to be something we can do." He insists.

"All we can do is wait." Natasha says with a small sigh. "Carol is looking for them as we speak."

"Hey," Natasha softly, says placing a hand on his shoulder, "we're going to find them. No matter what."

"I know." He says, managing a small smile for her as he lets out a soft sigh, crossing his arms as he looks at the numbers on the screen which continue to increase every second.

Everyone's head snaps up when a blue light glows in the room, the members present immediately standing up when a portal opens in the room, relief filling their bodies as three figures cross, but that relief soon turns into worry when they see the condition they are in and it is not who they were expecting to see.

"Where's Peter?" Bruce asks, pursing his lips when Vanessa's eyes begin to water.

Judging by the grim and solemn expressions on their faces, they can already tell.

"Tony needs medical attention." Vanessa says without making eye contact.

"How about you?" Steve asks.

"I'm okay. I didn't take any hits."

"We should still take a look." Bruce says, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, the girl nodding without saying a word.

"Danvers," Steve calls into the com, "we found them."

"Good." She says. "I found their ship. I'm bringing it back just in case."

"Thank you." He says, returning his attention to his friends. "Is there anyone else?"

"It's just us." Tony says, a pained expression on his face as he looks at Steve. "I lost the kid."

"We lost." Steve agrees with a heavy sigh.

"How are we looking?" Tony asks, grunting when he finally takes a seat.

Steve opens his mouth to say something but Natasha gives him a small shake of her head, continuing to explain.

"We are currently trying to keep track of who's missing and who is still here, but it's complete chaos out there." Natasha reports. "It looks like Thanos did exactly what he said he was going to do. He wiped half of all living things."

As the team continues to talk, Vanessa looks up and sees Thor on the other side of the room.

With a lump on her throat, she quietly makes her way over to him, her heart beating faster as they make eye contact.

"Thor." She calls out in a low tone. "Loki. Is Loki...is he...is he okay?" She hesitantly asks.

Instead of answering, Thor moves to the side to reveal his brother, who opens his arms as he presses his lips together.

Before he can say anything, she rushes to him and pulls him into a hug, the mischievous being surprised by the action.

"You're okay." She whispers into his chest, her hands holding on tightly to his cape. "Thank you for being okay."

Not knowing what to say, he returns the hug, rubbing soothing circles on her back as the girl fights back the tears pooling in her eyes.

"Just let it out love." He says.

With that she breaks down into his arms, her sob startling the rest of the team who all avert their gaze to the floor as they hear her crying, a reminder of the loss the world experienced.

"I think we should take a break." Steve suggests but no one moves a muscle, tension building up in the air as the girl continues to cry.

"You're alright." Loki says patting her back, nodding to the team as he slowly walks out of the room with the girl in his arms.

She had tried her best to remain strong, only to break down in the end.

Once she calms down, they both make their way back into the room, quietly taking a seat on the side.

When they all turn to look at them, she lets out a small sigh.

"I'm sorry." She apologizes, avoiding everyone's gaze as she sits down.

"How are you feeling?" Steve asks.

"I'm okay." She says, her eyes fixed on Peter's picture displayed on the scene as the numbers keep going up.

"Do we know where he is?" Tony asks.

"No." Steve says. "He just opened a portal and walked through. But we have satellites scanning for any sign of him."

"And?"

"We still haven't found anything." Steve says resign his hands on the table. "We've been looking for two weeks now and there has been no sign of him."

"Did he give you any clues?" Natasha asks.

"Nope. Sorry. I was too busy having a planet thrown to my face so I didn't get a chance to ask." Tony says, letting out a long sigh when he sees everyone's expressions.

"I'm sorry." He says. "I didn't mean to take it out you. It's just, everything, everything and everyone that we knew is gone. In seconds. With just one snap of his fingers. I need something more than we don't know."

"We're working on it."

"Danvers." Steve greets as a new face enters the room.

"I brought back the ship. It's on the landing zone."

"Thank you."

When Tony gives him a look he proceeds to explain.

"This is Carol Danvers, one of Fury's assets." He explains. "She's agreed to help us find Thanos."

"Is there anything you can tell us about Thanos? Any clues about his whereabouts?"

"No. But I know some people who might know something."

"What will you do when you find Thanos?"

"Take back what we lost."

He livessssssssss! Thank you so much for reading! Hope you enjoyed! 💙~Van(July 31, 2022)

~Van
(July 31, 2022)