[18] EXPLORING

EXPLORING

"Please kiddo." Tony says. "We really want to help you. But you have to let us in."

"And I know we said no more tests," Tony he continues, "but could we—"

Before he can finish, the girl answers.

"Yes."

"Yes?" He repeats to make sure he heard right.

"I'm okay with it." She says.

Tony just did something that is very difficult for him, so it's only fair that she does the same, and deep down, she knows he's right.

She needs all the help she can get.

"I want to know what this is." She adds, looking at her hands. "I feel like I still haven't figured out how my abilities work. I want to know so I can use them better."

"Okay." Tony says, exchanging a glance with Bruce, the Doctor blinking in surprise, neither one expecting that response.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Well, for now, just sit here." Bruce motions to the examination table. "I'll go set up the equipment."

"Alrighty." The girl says, doing as instructed.

"We won't do anything that makes it too hard hard on you okay?" He says, giving her hand a light squeeze as she nods.

"Thank you."

"First, we need to do a quick scan of your body." He explains, using a machine to do a full body scan.

Vanessa purses her lips as Bruce frowns while reading the results on the screen.

"So?"

"Your energy signature is completely different from when you first arrived."

"Is that good or bad?"

The science bros look at each other with a shrug.

"We don't really know yet."

"I guess we'll find out."

"As far as we can tell, HYDRA didn't perform any experiments." Bruce says, looking at the girl.

"Right. But?"

"But, that still doesn't explain your new abilities." Tony finishes.

"Is there anything you can think of that might've triggered them?"

"I'm not sure." She says. "But more than likely the encounter with HYDRA was the beginning of it."

"Did you notice any changes at all before your abilities manifested?" Bruce asks.

"Not that I can recall."

"Let's run a quick test. Maybe it will help us find the answer."

"Before we do so, let's talk to the rest of the team. Make sure we are all on board with this." Tony suggests.

"Good idea."