[32] INFINITY WAR

INFINITY WAR
(NOTE: Avengers Infinity War spoilers ahead)

Wanda's eyes widen briefly when she looks up through the window, a panicked and nervous look on her face as she turns to her friend.

"That can't be." She says, shaking her head. "I thought we'd have more time."

"It's okay." Vanessa says, taking her hand, giving it a slight squeeze as she looks at her. "We got a bit of a head start. It should help."

Wanda nods, but lets out a shaky breath, her gaze lingering on Vision for a second before she forces herself to look away, hoping that Shuri finishes soon.

"Shuri, how are we doing?" T' Challa's voice asks through her bracelet.

"I'm working as fast as I can. But it's still going to take a while." She replies, brows slightly furrowed together as she concentrates.

"Okay. We will buy you as much time as we can but you might want to pick up the pace." He replies, the room falling silent after.

"You should probably go get the support items I made for you from my lab." Shuri says after a while. "Just in case."

"Will do."

"You know where they are?" She asks, her gaze fixed on the screen in front of her.

"Don't worry. I got it." Vanessa says, giving her a slight smile before she turns around and starts making her way towards Shuri's lab, having an idea of where the items might be given the video calls the trio used to make.

A distant rumbling makes the building shake, trees set on fire in the distance.

"What are they?" Wanda asks herself under her breath, slightly shuddering at the sight.

It's true that they didn't know what to expect but this is much worse than she imagined, and the enemy is getting too close to her comfort.

Any closer and nothing will stop them from getting to Vision.

Her heart is torn as she glances at Vision laying on the table, and at the field below them.

She needs to get down there and help.

As soon as Vanessa comes back to the room, she exchanges a glance with the older girl, giving her a knowing look.

"How much more time do you need?" Vanessa asks.

"Just a few more minutes." Shuri says.

"Okay. I got this." Vanessa say, exchanging a nod with Wanda.

"I'm going to head down there and help. I'll try to hold them back."

"Don't worry. Leave Shuri and Vision to me." Vanessa says, opening a portal so that the girl can get there faster.

"You might want to activate the shield." Vanessa says, Shuri nodding as she taps another window on the display screen, a shield surrounding the area they are in.

"Hey Shuri? Do you by any chance have anything that might help the team down there?"

"I might have a prototype or two you can use." Shuri answers. "They are still in development but now would be a good time to test them."

"Think you'll be okay for a second?" Vanessa asks.

"Of course. Go do your thing." Shuri replies with a slight smirk.

"Alright. I'll be right back."

"Let me know how they work!"

Opening another portal, Vanessa gives her friend a small salute before disappearing from her sight, making a quick stop by the lab before jumping to the field.