[21] ANNOUNCEMENT

ANNOUNCEMENT

     After getting caught in the awkward situation with Tony, who somehow always seems to catch them in the worst of moments, Peter and Vanessa continue to try out her new abilities as discreetly as possible.

"Come on Ness," Peter begs, "one more time."

Vanessa looks at the boy.

"I don't think I can do it anymore Peter." She says, letting out a small huff as she places her hands on her knees, taking a deep breath to try to ground herself again.

"I'm near my limit for the day."

"Pleeeeeeeaaaaseeeeee," He insists, giving her the best puppy eyes he can muster.

"No. Nope." She says, firmly shaking her head.

"It won't work." She adds, looking away to avoid the look on his face as she crosses her arms, but it is already too late and Peter knows that.

"Alright fine." She says, uncrossing her arms, slightly rolling her eyes as her friends smiles in victory.

"Works every time." He says, earning a playful punch to his arm as she walks past him.

"Wipe that smirk off your face."

"This is the last time, okay?"

"Okay." Peter agrees, nodding his head enthusiastically.

Vanessa only walks a few more steps before stopping and closing her eyes, focusing on the ground around her as she feels her energy spike up.

When she opens her eyes again, she smiles as she successfully levitates off the ground.

"How does it feel?" Peter asks, looking up at her, watching as her brows slightly draw together as she thinks.

"I don't really know how to explain it to be honest." She answers, waving her hands to help her move around, floating down closer to him.

"Hey Peter?"

"Hm?"

"Can I see your hand?"

The boy raises a curious brow at her request, but nods nonetheless, extending his arm.

As their index fingers connect, Peter feels a brief tingly sensation on his body, his eyes going wide as he sees the floor get farther and farther away.

"Woah." He says, looking at her. "This is so cool! I can't believe we didn't think about doing this before!"

"I know right?" Vanessa says with a slight giggle.

"I didn't think it was actually going to work." She adds, watching as Peter's brows furrow closer.

"You don't seem to be using your regular energy like Wanda does when she flies though." He points out, looking below them for any signs of a glow or surface holding them up.

"You're right." She agrees, noticing the absent glow from her hands.

Their eyes widen as they look at each other.