[15] WE STICK TOGETHER NO MATTER WHAT

WE STICK TOGETHER NO MATTER WHAT

     The girl comes back to her senses with a gasp, her head pounding as she sits up

It takes a while for the fogginess in her mind to clear, but when it does, realization dawns on her.

A million questions race through her mind as she looks around her.

All the Avengers are gathered in the room, which can only mean one thing,

They found out.

"Easy there." A voice says, a gentle and warm hand on her arm.

A shiver runs up her spine, her hands warming up again.

It was only a matter of time before they found out.

"You've got some explaining to do." Tony says, his voice coming out harsher than he intended.

"Tony." Natasha says in a warning tone, the man letting out a sigh as he looks away.

"I know." Vanessa says, avoiding their gaze. "I'm sorry."

"Take your time." Bruce reassuringly says, glaring at Tony who rolls his eyes in response.

"Want to tell us what happened?" Steve asks, the team taking a seat as the girl takes in a deep breath.

There's no beating around the bush.

She has to tell them.

"I-uh...I recently discovered that I have abilities."

"What sort of abilities?" Natasha asks.

"I'm not really sure. I haven't had time to figure that out."

"When did they manifest?" Wanda asks.

"Umm...around a week ago?"

"Can you show us?" Steve asks, the girl's head snapping up in surprise.

"You want me to show you?" She repeats, waiting for confirmation.

When he nods, she slowly stands up, Steve giving her a reassuring look.

"Just promise me that you won't run any tests, please?" She says, looking at them with pleading eyes.

"Alright. I promise kiddo." Tony says.

"Okay."

Taking in a deep breath, she tries to focus, but nothing happens.