[26] BACK TO WORK

BACK TO WORK

Much like they expected, as soon as they come back from their brief retreat, the people of New York are in peril as a villain rampages through the city.

"Right. Back to work it is." Peter says.

Do they ever catch a breath?

Exchanging a nod, Peter and Ness rush to the compound through a portal to get changed.

"Are you done?" She asks, smiling when Spider-Man joins her side.

"All done and ready to go." He says, stretching his arms.

"Let's get going then."

With a smile, Ness portals them back to the city.

"What do you have for us today New York?" Spider-man asks.

As his friend is about to take a step, he stretches out an arm in front of her to stop her.

"Woah, hold on. Is that your suit?"

"Yes." Vanessa answers, looking down at her outfit. "Why? Does it look bad?"

"Well..." Spider-Man starts, looking at the combination of a long sleeve white shirt, accompanied by white cargo pants and white tennis shoes. "No. It doesn't look bad but I don't think it's really appropriate for battle." He says.

"It won't protect you much."

"I know." She says. "It's my homemade suit. I put it together very last minute since I don't have a suit yet."

"But I'm open to suggestions." She adds.

"Well, I may have a few suggestions but we'll save them for later. Let's catch this bad guy first."

"I'm going to design your suit when we get home." Peter says.

"Fine by me." Vanessa agrees without putting up much of a fight, trying her best to hide the small smile that is making it's way to her face.

"Good luck in battle, offense." Vanessa says as they part ways.

"Same goes to you defense." He says, bumping her fist. "See you after the mission."

Part of the agreement that the Avengers came up with the government is that depending on an individual's abilities they will be classified and assigned as either a defender/protector or offense.

Which means that most of the team, are designated offense. They are the ones that go to the front lines and directly interact with the enemy. On the other hand, defense is assigned to protect the citizens in the area and protect the city from any major damage during battle.

As of now, that small team consists of the Maximoff twins and Vanessa, plus a few others who switch to defense when needed.

However, the Avengers are only allowed to intervene when the world is in danger, not for street level fighting.

Surprisingly enough, the battle goes smoother than expected, the police taking the enemy into custody.

"Good work team." Spider-Man says, giving her a high five.