[20] CONTROL

CONTROL

     The two girls stand face to face on opposite sides, the corners of Wanda's lips turned slightly upward as red energy twirls around her hand, the other girl watching her every move very carefully

With a tilt of her head, Wanda begins her attack, mercilessly throwing a ball of energy her way, which the girl successfully catches using her own, but before she can make her move, another blast of energy surprises her.

"You're thinking too much." Wanda says, throwing one attack after the other, the girl trying her best to block every blow, barely giving her time to counter attack.

Losing her focus, Vanessa falls to the ground with a grunt as a blast hits her side, Wanda offering a hand to help her up.

After staring at ceiling for a couple of minutes, she takes it, slowly standing up with another grunt.

"You're not bad." Wanda says. "But you need more practice. You take too much time with your attacks." She points out, the girl nodding as she straightens her posture. "We need to work on your timing."

"Are you up for another round?"

"Yes." Vanessa replies without hesitation, taking a deep breath as she gets into position, channeling the energy into her hands, this time faster than the previous time. "Whenever you're ready."

Somewhere in the training room, Peter watches in amazement as the room glows in different colors, his eyes catching another person sitting on the benches.

"What's with the light show?" Peter asks.

"Wanda and Vanessa are training." Pietro responds, his eyes glued to the match in front of him.

"Oh." Peter says. "Who's winning?"

"My sister." Pietro says with a smile. "But your girlfriend is holding up pretty good."

"Huh." Peter says, sitting next to him, the two of them falling silent as they watch.

"Popcorn?" Pietro asks, offering the boy some of his snacks.

"Sure." Peter says with a small smile, taking one. "Thanks bro."

Pietro hums in response, returning his attention to the training session.

After a few more hours of training, the girls are finally done, Pietro giving each one a high five as they walk by.

"Awesome job." Pietro says. "You'll get the hang of it in no time sestrichka (little sister)."

"Thanks Pietro." The girl says, letting out a huff, hey eyes lighting up when she sees her best friend a few steps behind.

"Hey Pete." Vanessa greets with a smile, feeling energized as her friend smiles.