[6] MAKE THE BEST WITH WHAT YOU'VE GOT

MAKE THE BEST WITH WHAT YOU'VE GOT

"There she is."

"Morning everyone. Did I miss something?"

"We saved you your favorite dish." Pietro says, proudly placing a plate full of food in my place.

"You should've seen him." Wanda adds. "He did everything possible to save you a plate and keep it from them." She says, glancing at Sam and Thor.

"Thank you Pietro. I appreciate it."

"Anytime."

"By the way," Tony says, "we want to talk to you after breakfast."

I try not to panic at that.

"So soon?" Steve asks, exchanging a glance with him.

"You know me, I can't wait very long. I might as well just tell her already."

"Spoiler alert!" I say, covering my ears. "If you say anymore I'm not going to be able to eat breakfast peacefully."

Tony smirks at that.

"Fair enough kiddo. Meet us at the lab later."

"Will do." I say, giving him a thumbs up.

For the remainder of breakfast, I can't stop thinking about what Tony wants to talk to me about.

I hope it's not anything bad.

Moving my food around the plate, I let out a sigh.

I can't avoid this forever, might as well get it over with and see what it is about.

"Everything okay?" Bruce asks, sitting next to me.

"Yes. I was just thinking." I say, giving him a small smile. "Why?"

"Because you haven't finished your breakfast yet." He says. "You're usually one of the first ones to finish." He points out, looking at my plate.

"I know. I guess I'm just nervous?"

"It's okay." He says, softly patting my shoulder. "Take your time. Meet us when you're ready."

"Thank you Bruce." I say, giving him a grateful smile, taking another spoonful of food as he disappears along with the others.

After an eternity, I finally manage to finish my food.

Swallowing the thick lump in my throat, I head down to the lab where we agreed to meet, but much to my surprise, Tony is the only one here.

"Um, Tony?" I call out, hesitantly stepping into the lab.

"Oh, kiddo. You're here." He says with a small smile. "Take a seat."

Nodding, I stiffly sit on a chair and wait for him to begin, my leg bouncing up and down.

"No need to be so tense kiddo."

"Don't worry. No more tests." Bruce reassures from behind me.

"Thank you."