[41] REUNIONS

REUNIONS

The girl comes back to her senses with a jolt, her body tensing up when she feels a steady hand on her shoulder

"Easy there," Dr. Strange says.

"What happened?" The girl asks, sitting up, eyes panicked as she scans the room. "Is everyone okay?"

"Everyone is okay," he answers with a small nod, "no serious injuries," he adds, the girl sighing in relief, her head snapping up when she remembers something important.

"What about Tony?" She asks, pausing to scan his reaction to the question, "How is he? Is he okay?"

"He is in stable condition," Dr. Strange reassures. "He is currently resting in a private room, it will probably be a while until he is up."

"Okay," she says, nodding her head, releasing a shaky breath as her hands relax their grip on the covers of the hospital bed, "Good."

"You did good out there," Dr. Strange says, hesitating for a moment before he gently pays her shoulder, "but you should take it easy for a while."

"Thank you doctor," she says offering a small smile, the doctor nodding before he stands up.

Meanwhile, outside the room reunions are happening all over the place, heroes welcoming one another after the long fight.

"My favorite white boy!" Shuri exclaims.

"Hey Shuri," Peter greets with a wave of his hand, relieved to see his friend again, the comment making him chuckle as the girl pulls him into a hug.

"Where's our other friend?"

"Resting," Peter says, "she should be up sometime around now."

As if on cue, Dr. Strange comes out of the room giving him a nod.

"She's awake if you want to see her now."

"Thanks," he says, shooting Shuri a smile as he quickens his pace to her room, knocking on the door first.

"Come in," her voice calls out.

"Hey," he greets with a smile.

"Hey," she greets back.

"Seems like we keep meeting this way huh?" He says leaning against the door, the girl letting out a small laugh at his comment.

"Yeah, it seems like we are destined to keep meeting this way."

"Well, as long as we keep meeting, I don't mind," he says taking her hand.

"Now, where were we?" He asks, pressing his forehead against hers.