[7] BACK TO THE FIELD

BACK TO THE FIELD

     Smiling, I scurry around the room, rushing out to the living room in no time

"You're going out?" Bruce asks as I'm about to step into the elevator, to which I respond with a nod.

For a second, I hold my breath, thinking that maybe he's going to tell me to stay in or that I can't go but he doesn't stop me, instead he just smiles. "Have fun then. And remember to be careful."

"Thanks Bruce!" I say waving my arm, humming as the elevator goes down.

When I reach the lower floor, I see Peter waiting, his hands on his pockets as he shifts his weight from one foot to the other, giving me a smile as he looks up.

"Hey. Ready to go?" He asks.

"As ready as I can be." I say returning the smile. "Let's do this!"

Today Peter is working on a project, which consists of taking pictures around the city so he can add them to his portfolio.

As we walk through the New York streets, we constantly stop whenever Peter sees something of interest, immediately pointing his camera to capture it.

In the distance, a Spider-Man cut out gets my attention, and while Peter is distracted, I walk ahead and pose next to it, snapping a picture in the process.

"Wait up." Peter says lowering his camera, laughing when he sees what I'm doing.

"What?" I innocently ask.

"Nothing." He says, slightly shaking his head.

"Heyyyy! How come you don't ask me in person to take a picture?" He asks with a pout, making me smile as I signal for him to come into the frame, snapping another pic as a souvenir.

"Does this count?" I ask.

"Eh, sort of." He says, walking a few feet away to take a picture of something else.

I'm about to follow but something makes me stop in my tracks, quietly taking out my phone to take a picture without him noticing. I'm not sure what it is, but there is something in this moment that just makes me want to capture a fraction of it.

Maybe it's the way the sun is lighting up his brown hair giving it a golden glow, or the way he looks so comfortable snapping pictures, his tongue slightly peaking out as he focuses, his hands carefully adjusting the lense.