[37] HOPE

HOPE

1 year later

1 year later

The girl takes in a deep breath as she looks at the mirror.

A year has passed since the dreadful snap, but now it's time to bring everybody back.

"It's time," she says, "I won't take long."

"What is your plan?" Loki asks.

"I'm taking a gamble with time," she answers, giving him a faint smile, "I'm going to play a little game with an event that happened by chance. Just like it could have happened earlier, it could not have happened at all. I'm going to use that to our advantage."

"Very well," Loki says with a nod, "what can I do to help?"

"Just keep them busy," she says, "I'll be back in a bit."

"Be careful."

"Will do."

With one last last nod, the girl disappears through a portal, appearing on the opposite side of the country in the blink of an eye.

"This looks like the place," she says, eyes focused on the 'U-Store-it' sign, "now I just have to get inside."

Using another portal, she quietly makes her way inside, hiding behind a wall to avoid been seen by the cameras. Sneaking around the blind spots, she finally makes it to the space labeled 'Lang', a familiar brown van parked inside.

"Here goes nothing," she says to herself, taking in a shaky breath as she reaches inside the van, carefully grabbing the panel resting above the dashboard.

"If I remember correctly, this should be it," she finishes, pressing the button.

After pressing the button, she remains frozen in place, sighing in relief when there's a whir in the back, the quantum tunnel coming to life.

Good. She thinks to herself with a small smile, looking back one last time before she portals back to the compound.

She did her part, now it's time to let things run on their own from here on.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"I'll see you guys later!" Vanessa shouts as she gets ready to leave.

"Don't come back too late!" Natasha shouts back.

"I won't."

"And be careful out there," Steve adds.

"Is there anything you want me to get since I'm going out?" She asks.

"Nothing comes to mind, but we'll text you if anything comes up," Steve says with a small smile, the girl giving him two thumbs up in response.