Six

Juniper stood from the pool, wrapping a towel around her bikini clad form distractedly.

She was just about to walk through the sliding glass door into Seraphina's place when she saw Phoenix making out with her passionately.

Blanching quietly, she side stepped to hide out of sight.

Rolling her eyes to the heavens, she waited for the two to finish. When she was about to reveal herself she heard speaking.

"I've tried everything to get him to come see Juniper. He hasn't budged, even with his suspicions."

The demoness stiffened.

"We're running out of time, Nix! I can't let her leave," Seraphina sniffled. "If something happened to her I couldn't-"

She heard Phoenix comforting her quietly.

Waiting another moment, she knocked and walked through the door with a raised brow.

"Nice to see you Phoenix," Juniper spared them a small nod before going back up to her temporary room to change.

Sitting on the bed as she was clad in shorts and a bandeau top, flopping onto her back.

She was on her second day here and Juniper had already made up her mind. She booker a time slot at the portal hub last night, now she just had to get some supplies.

Twisting her lips in thought, she sat up to grab her bag and slip on some shoes.

"I'm going to the market," she called over her shoulder as she practically ran out of the house to avoid Seraphina joining her.

Ignoring the calls from the house she trotted away.

Juniper liked the markets on the island, they were open and everything was fresh. The shops with clothes and materials were always well stocked.

She grabbed nonperishables first in the food market, slipping them into her bag after paying. She also grabbed a brochure of travel spots, wondering where her next stop will be.

If she goes somewhere cold she may be able to hole up somewhere, witches stayed away from colder temperatures.

They also stayed away from demons for the most part, she thought to herself. She was frustrated that staying on the island wasn't working out for her.

Juniper also knew she was frustrated about a certain someone else.

Walking all around, she looked at a lot of things. But something caught her eye at a local shops post card section.

On one of the post cards, in red writing it had Saint Islands in cursive scripture. Underneath, the photo was black and white. Raphael was actually smiling a bit in it, in a tux it seemed at some fancy event. Phoenix was gripping his shoulders and laughing happily.

At the bottom in the same font it read, where demons can be safe and happy!

Slowly, with hesitant fingers she grabbed it. Even if she knew it was an advertisement for demons to come stay on the island she couldn't help but stare at the sight of her mate.

He looked amazing, Juniper admitted to herself.

Swallowing hard she paid for the post card, brushing her thumb over his face. Once she left Juniper couldn't be sure if she'd ever see him.

She might as well take a momento.

As she moved over to look at overcoats in another shop, someone recognized her.

"Going somewhere cold?"

She jumped up and saw the pale man from the dinner at Raphael's.

"I never got to introduce myself, I'm Felix," he held out his hand.