Twenty Three

Juniper was finally able to speak somewhat normally after a few days, the damage that was done to her throat was worse than anyone expected.

Seraphina was spending time with her as Raphael was working even harder to get to the bottom of everything.

Juniper was sat at Seraphina's pool, her arms weren't bandaged anymore.

She showed off her healing skin, making the nymph gag.

"Phoenix was saying Saint has been working a lot more," Seraphina waded in the pool.

Juniper had her hair tied up, large sunglasses sat on her nose. She was wearing the smallest bikini she owned, fully aware Raphael would come to get her later and see.

For precautions, Phoenix was inside to keep them safe but she paid him no mind and vice versa.

"I wish he would let me help more," the shadow demon laid along the side of the pool.

"He's just worried," Sera comforted her friend.

"I know that, but I can be helpful! I tell this guy my issues and suddenly he's in charge of everything I do," Juniper crossed her arms in annoyance.

Seraphina scowled at her, "You know damn well he isn't some guy. And he's not in charge of everything you do. We both know you won't do anything you don't want to."

Juniper grumbled, knowing she was right.

"My dad called me," she blurted.

Seraphina who was sipping on a drink, spluttered loudly.

She slapped her chest and Juniper sat up to hit her back as well. They both glanced up in surprise as Warren walked through the large gate. Phoenix came out as well from the house as if to make sure everything was alright.

"Holy crap," Seraphina gasped.

"Long time no see!" Warren held his arms out. Juniper smiled a little and gave him a brief hug. As he walked closer he dropped a large duffel bag.

Seraphina gripped his hand that tugged her out of the pull.

"Hey stranger," Juniper sipped on her draw.

The hound grinned down at her, patting her shoulder as he hugged Sera.

She frowned and swatted his hand, "Don't touch me you smell."

"You know what, I take offense to that," he called over his shoulder as he walked to the cooler for a beer. They were surrounded in Seraphina's insane garden.

Phoenix wrapped his nymph up on a towel as she was still staring at her best friend incredulously.

"You smell like a certain berserker yourself Juni," the blonde teased.

Juniper was unbothered by the comment, as she should.

"You're father called?!" Seraphina finally screeched. Warren choked on his beer.

"Raphael spoke to him," Juniper picked at a piece of grass.

"What?!" her friends shrieked.

She sneered at how loud they were, "I couldn't speak he answered the phone. My dad wanted to know if I'd come to him and Dana's wedding."

"Fuck that," Warren scoffed.

Seraphina sat on one side of Juniper as Phoenix furrowed his brow. "Am I allowed to ask why this is a big deal?"

"He's a deadbeat for one," Warren scoffed.

Juniper and Seraphina both glared at him.

"He's not a deadbeat," Juniper snapped. "Don't call him that, he's just had his priorities fucked up. This woman that he's marrying is end all be all since I was young. She's got a prissy daughter and they're both cunts," she explained for Phoenix. Warren had winced and immediately apologized as Juniper pursed her lips before accepting his apology.