Forty Three

*unedited

Juniper bounced in her seat, her cheek pressed to the car window as their home came into view.

"I miss my baby."

"I'm sure he misses you too," Raphael gripped her thigh tightly.

"When are we going to the Bordoa's again?" she asked tiredly.

"Next week," he grunted.

"Is that where you sign the alliance agreement? Are you sure about this baby? I don't want you to feel pressured because Bordoa made you feel like a bad mate or something."

"Bordoa was being honest. I'm glad he was, I needed to hear it. In the long run, when we have our boy and people find out- which they will- we'll have more targets on our back. I don't trust the Legion yet but for now I trust the Bordoa's enough."

Juniper lifted his hand, threading their fingers together while kissing the back of his hand.

Brushing her hands up his biceps as he parked, he turned towards her.

"You'll be such a good dad," she rasped with emotion dripping from her voice.

Groaning quietly, Raphael leaned forward to kiss her hard.

Holding his face, she brushed her thumb over his cheeks before pulling away slowly.

"I think I'm in heat," she mumbled.

His eyes widened at her sudden admission.

"Shouldn't you be more horny?" he asked under his breath as they leaned into another slow kiss.

She hummed, tasting him slowly. "I'm okay now. Think it started at the party, we fucked last night so now I'm sated for now... just clingy."

"That's a bummer," Raphael smirked crudely while grazing his teeth other her bottom lip.

Her eyes lit with amusement, "I could be persuaded," she leaned back while giggling.

A wolfish grin tugs at his mouth, leaning forward to pounce on her there and then.

She had her hand on the handle, tumbling out of the car while shrieking.

Raphael growled playfully, watching her run to the house and barging in where Bear was barking.

Squealing, Juniper wrapped her arms around her dog.

"I missed you," she squeezed him tightly while practically on the floor on his level.

Raphael came in behind her but she paid him no mind, kissing Bear's head.

"Makin' me feel real loved, sweetheart."

Juniper rest her cheek on Bear's head that rested on her chest, peaking up at him with her stormy gray eyes.

"Stop being dramatic," her lips pouted.

"Not until you give me more attention."

"Is that a needy bitch I hear?" Phoenix called from Raphael's office.

Juniper's mouth fell open and she barked out a laugh as Raph scowled.

"Fuck you, outta my house," the berserker threw his hand over his shoulder.

"No can do boss, you have to catch me up."

Frowning, he nodded once before looking down at his mate.

She smiled gently while kneeling besides him, he sighed quietly.

Bending at the waist, he kissed the top of her head. Juniper turned her face to peck his retreating lips once before swatting him away.