Fifty Two

Juniper sat on the side of the tub, frowning while rubbing her swollen feet.

Their baby was too damn big, at four months her body was adjusting to the extra weight quicker than anticipated.

Raphael had taken on a large work load, trying to have all of his ducks in a row most likely for Santiago's sake one day.

He hadn't been home much, Juniper kept her disappointment to herself because she knew he was doing his best.

So when the door was opened, Juniper gasped in surprise. Glancing up to see her berserker staring down at her, a look of of relief on his face.

"Baby," he sighed out before kneeling in front of her without hesitation and kissing her gently.

"Hi," she hummed against his lips.

"Let me help," Raphael rubbed her ankles while peeling her socks off. 

"Have to wash my hair," Juniper tilted her head tiredly. "It's past due... how was your day?" she smiled a little while rubbing her eyes.

Raphael frowned, seeing the strain Juniper's body was going through.

"Let me do it," he grunted while standing over her. His hand reached between them to rub her rounded belly mindlessly.

"Do what? Handsome tell me about your day," she pouted while gripping his belt.

Chuckling smally, he rubbed her shoulders. Lifting one of her hands up, he pressed her palm to his mouth.

Kissing her fingers and palm, he trailed them down her arm.

"Did boring shit, talked to boring people, thought 'bout you all damn day. I wanna wash your hair, baby. C'mon up," he pat her side gently and lifting her up himself.

Her eyes widened at his initiative, Raphael had lifted her arms over his shoulders while nipping at her bicep before kissing her cheek.

"You don't have to wash my hair, it's not like yours Raph," her brows furrowed as he fingered at the tight coils of her dark blue hair. He always admired it, how dense and thick it was. Heavy against her waist often and how many styles Juniper did with it baffled him.

"I know it's not like mine, teach me yeah? I already know your routine."

"All those times we showered I never thought you were paying attention to how I washed my hair," she giggled mischievously.

Raphael smirked, "I can multitask no?"

The two stepped in, Raphael wasting no time grabbing her shampoo.

"Need me to use the detangling stuff?" he mumbled as she used her soap first. She nodded sheepishly, "After the shampoo."

"I know baby," he smiled down at her. His fingers found her long tresses, immediately her eyes closed and she hummed. Raphael's blunt nails scratched her scalp gently, the earthy scent filling the stall.

"I feel big," Juniper huffed quietly over the white noise of the shower. Her mate frowned, but he fingers didn't stop as he looked down at her face.

"I feel like you're just startin' to show," he glanced down at her round belly. Her stomach rounded pretty soon in the pregnancy, just because berserker babies got big fast. But her stomach didn't grow outwardly until month three and now four her weight was really shifting.

"Maybe that's why I feel gross," Juniper didn't open her eyes as Raphael tilted her head back under the stream. One hand came to rest over her eyes to shield them from any product. She smiled without having to look at him, blindly she reached for his waist and held him close.