Sixteen

It was a new week and Juniper was glaring at Raphael as she sat on his couch.

"You never mentioned this chick was a witch!" she yelled at him with a stubborn frown.

"An oracle! Barely even a witch!" The woman who ratted her out to her coven was considered an oracle as well.

Juniper huffed and laid on the couch, staring at the ceiling and ignoring Raphael.

"Juniper I've known this woman my entire life, she'd never betray me. She knows it's a death sentence. I wouldn't take you if it was an issue," he stressed the last sentence to her as he stood over her.

She turned to face the cushion away from him.

Raphael groaned and looped an arm around her waist. She squealed at the unfamiliar contact as he dragged her stiff body out so he could see her.

She was draped across his lap and he gripped her cheek, facing her chin towards him.

Juniper glared at him.

"I'm not going to ask about the stupid vision, she has information on covens. That's all, we're going with the other berserkers so she can't do anything to hurt you."

Juniper scoffed, "You'll be there I'm not worried about getting hurt."

Something about that sentence sent pride coursing through him, a low growl rumbled from his chest.

Her eyes widened a little at what she said and she shoved her hand in his face, turning it away from her.

"You have an hour, then I want to leave."

He nodded, taking the bargain since he was lucky she compromised at all.

Her head rest in his lap and she was still obviously not happy with their agreement.

"And I want to go to the beach with Seraphina."

His hand was resting beneath her head, his other strewn along the back of the couch.

"With supervision from Phoenix or myself."

She was surprised he agreed to that, "...And I want to get a cat."

"No."

"Then I don't want to meet your stupid oracle."

"Juniper," he snarled irritatedly.

"Fine!"

~

Juniper was in athletic shorts and a white tight cropped top as Raphael drove behind Phoenix, Zane, and Felix.

Raphael handed her sunglasses as they approached a hut

"Remember to keep these on, if you don't have them on avoid her eyes or she'll get a vision." This oracle could see a persons future simple by looking then in the eye, even more nerve racking for Juniper.