Seventeen

Seraphina trampled out of her car. When Juniper had called her crying, it was time to kick into high gear.

Because Juniper with more than two tears maximum at a time was unprecedented.

Unfortunately just as she got to the door, Raphael pulled up abruptly.

She frowned at him, before glancing at her boyfriend who motioned for her to come closer.

With a quick shake of her head, she pushed into the front door and hurried up to where Juniper was.

Knocking lightly as she heard the men open the front door, she heard sniffling.

oh god, it's worse than she thought

"Juni, it's just me," Seraphina whispered gently.

When no response came she let herself in and locked the door to avoid the men barging in. Not that a little lock would stop them.

Swiftly coming into the bathroom where Juniper was sat besides the door, Sera frowned.

"What happened June bug?" Seraphina wrapped her arms around her friends shoulders.

June didn't say anything, only pressed her face tight into her friends shirt. Her tears were hot against Seraphina's brown skin.

Juniper's breathing steadied and the nymph saw she pressed the heels of her hands into her eyes.

"He hates me. It's my fault and now I don't know what to do," she rasped.

"He doesn't hate you, babe. Just take a deep breath," Seraphina reached and grabbed a cup in the sink and filled it with water.

Allowed the shadow demon hybrid to take a sip Seraphina continued, "It's okay to be upset and worried about your relationship, Juni. That's completely normal."

"Not for me," Juniper croaked back immediately.

"Well he's not a normal guy," Seraphina offered. They both heard knocking at the bedroom door.

Juniper groaned loudly, lying sideways on the bathroom floor.

Seraphina was stumped, she'd never seen Juniper like this. But she does suppose this is a high stress situation involving her mate.

"Do you want me to stay?" Seraphina asked gently.

Juniper shook her head no, sitting up with her messy hair. Pouting up at her friend, "Thank you for coming. You can stay with Phoenix if you want to hear us argue or something." She wiped at the snot at her nose.

Seraphina laughed a little despite herself and hugged Juniper tightly before taking a deep breath.

Unlocking the door, she was greet with a pacing Raphael. Closing it behind her, she stared up at two berserkers since Phoenix was nearby him.

"Juniper is very upset," Seraphina started slowly. Raphael brushed his hand through his hair, stressed.

"She's been upset with me before," Raphael tried to make himself feel better about the situation.

Seraphina shook her head, "Whatever that was its not this. She's been angry at you before. Juniper is upset and not necessarily at you. I don't know if you've noticed but Juniper is one of the three- content, irritated, or angry. Anything outside of that realm is stressful for her. And since she's crying on the bathroom floor I'd say it was pretty stressful."

"She's crying?" Raph's eyes widened drastically.

Sera nodded and decided to let him handle the rest. She looped her hands around a tired looking Phoenix as Raphael grasped the bedroom doorknob hesitantly.