Twenty Four

mature content

Juniper was sat in Raphael's home office, sitting in front of him on his desk.

"I can't even help you here?" she asked in disbelief.

The berserker growled in annoyance, "I've told you how I feel about this. I want you as far away from this as possible."

"Raphael!" she threw her hands up as he looked at her past his reading glasses. He was practically ignoring her while skimming a file in his hand.

"I'm as in this as possible! They are mad because of the baby I will be carrying."

"The baby I will put in you, so let me fucking handle this," he spat back.

Neither of them acknowledged how the words they were saying made both of them feel hotter than they'd like to admit.

She licked her lips as anger and lust twisted in her gut, "Do you hear yourself right now?"

Juniper stood up, taking the file straight out of his hand and throwing it back onto the table.

"I am an asset. Use. Me. I can give you a perspective as someone whose dealt with the coven, we can figure this out together."

He rubbed his brow and still didn't say anything so she continued.

"Like why did those hellhounds from the prison say they cut a deal? Someone on the coven wouldn't say that."

"They could've just been demons that were bribed, we already confirmed they were recent visitors on the island. If you listened you'd have heard me say that!" his tone raised as did her own.

Juniper sneered, "Stop keeping me in the dark! Giving me little updates like that isn't what I'm talking about and you know that!"

"Juniper!" Raphael snarled. "You've done this alone for four months! Let me do this!"

Later on, Juniper would think about what he just said and it would mean a lot to her. But right now in the moment it only made her more irritated.

The two were growing closer as they argued, their faces inches away as Raphael cornered Juniper against the desk.

"We are supposed to make decisions together!"

"This is my land! I make the decisions!"

"And this is my problem that I brought to your doorstep!"

"How many times have I told you this is our problem?!" The vein in his neck bulged. He was snarling openly as her gray eyes were blazing with anger.

"Then why are only you making the decisions now!" Juniper shrieked in absolute frustration.

"You are mine to take care of!" he roared.

"Last I checked I am my own person," Juniper was unaware of how close they'd grown.

"Prove it."

"Wha-"

Raphael kissed her harshly, she groaned as he growled. Both kissed furiously, hands frantic on the others body.

Juniper moaned a little as he lifted her onto the desk, he gripped the bottom of her shirt and she was already lifting her arms.

"Tell me who's you are again?" he sneered between kisses. She felt him lift her shirt up slowly before halting, his other hand cupping the wet heat between her thighs.

Her mouth fell open with a small whimper, the sound made his pants tighten and she winced at how needy she sounded.

He sucked hard on the exposed skin of the swell of her chest, baiting the answer out of her.