Thirty Six

Juniper tried crawling away from the now five demons crowded around her. Snagging her ankle once more, she was yanked back down between them all.

She puffed ragged breaths, trying to stand only to be shoved down.

Just as she reached to sink her hand into a nearby shadow, her hand was stepped on. It was the same hand where her wrist was most likely dislocated and she released a harsh cry.

Suddenly, bright lights were brought in. They were prepared as it banished nearly all the shadows in the room.

Juniper pressed her back to the wall as she glared at the men around her. Her gray eyes darted for a way out, a weapon to grab.

"Just give up already," one of them sneered.

Abruptly, she laughed quietly. "I'm personally going to cut your fucking dick off. See how you like it when I take away your future fucking kids!"

A hand swiftly slapped across her face, Juniper didn't hesitate to lash out at the man. She growled as she shoved her foot into his crotch and watched him crumple.

Before they could all lunge to restrain her, Juniper's stomach dropped as the door opened.

Stepping through the door, was the yellow haired witch who started all of this.

The asian woman smiled at the sight of Juniper beaten and surrounded.

"Juniper," Haley Kim practically cooed. The age was showing on her face as she walked closer, "It's such a shame you made this so difficult. We could've done this much easier."

"Haley," Juniper muttered as she pushed herself farther away.

The oracle tutted, instructing the men to keep her where she is.

"Now, I know this is probably very defeating. You've given us a run for our money certainly you have no idea how difficult this was. But we certainly had many people willing to help end the berserker race. Money truly does talk nowadays," Haley grinned while kneeling in front of the shadow demon.

"All we need is for you to tell us who your mate it, we know you've gotten in contact considering you were under berserker protection," Haley spoke as if they were old friends. The old woman wiping at dirt smudged on Juniper's cheek.

She jerked away from her touch, tears welling in her eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she rasped uselessly.

Haley just pursed her lips disappointedly. "We can make this easy or hard. Long and painful or quick and painless Juniper. You know we can't let you live. Call it insurance."

Long and painful would gain her some time...

"The demons here say you smell of another male. So... we have to assume you've been with someone you dirty girl," Haley winked.

Juniper frowned in disgust and swiftly brought her foot up to peg it in this woman's face. She barely got to make contact before she was being dragged away.

Haley laughed loudly, "Check her for marks."

Juniper shrieked in protest as the mens hands were all over her, tugging at her clothes different ways to check for marks. They took obscenely long before finding the mark that was very obviously on her neck hidden under her shirt.

The man that found it froze. He visibly paled after reading the name, hands shaking.

"No way," he rasped. "No fucking way did I sign up for this!"

Juniper yanked her clothes back in place while wrapping her arms around herself.

Since the neck of her shirt had been ripped, she knew the name on her skin was visible.