Thirty Three

Raphael shuffled the cards in front of him, dealing for the group once again.

A large stack of cash was next to him.

"You're demolishing us tonight. What the hell?" Arlo groaned in annoyance.

Grimes nodded in agreement as him and Felix passed more chips around.

"You all interrupted something important by showing up, I might as well profit off of it."

Zane looked at Phoenix, smirking and discreetly shoving his finger through a hole made with his other fingers.

Phoenix cleared his throat to hide his chuckle, Raphael didn't look up as he put all of his chips in specific order.

"I saw that," Zane abruptly stopped at the sound of Raphael's voice.

"Seriously boss," Kieren spoke up as they all began the game.

"You've got to give us details."

Raphael rose a brow, "I don't got to do anything."

"I bet she's in heat," Arlo piped up. "I heard shadow demons are really clingy in heat."

"Do you think any of you would be here if she was in heat?" Raphael glared while pushing more chips out. "I'm raising."

"Boss is making moves out here. I'll take you on that raise, Saint. You've gotta support your future kid somehow right?" Kieren chuckled.

Raphael smirked a little in amusement, the others laughing knowing damn well Raphael didn't need a poker game to support a child.

"I know you already answered this, but your mate was there and there was probably a lot of pressure. I want to know how you actually feel about having a kid. Or kids, we don't know. Because I would shit myself if I found out," Grimes admitted as everyone continued playing fast paced.

"I wasn't playing it up for my mate when you asked the first time. I'm looking forward to it whenever it happens I just think we have a lot to work on. I can barely wrap my head around it but with the coven up her ass I can't get distracted."

All of the men nodded, a moment of quiet passing over them until Phoenix finally spoke up.

"Well we're behind you, no matter what."

Raphael nodded gratefully towards his closest friend.

They continued their game, Raphael winning once again with a cocky grin. Another game started and another after that.

Just as they were dealing again, a shiver shot up Raphael's spine. His nose flooded with his mates scent.

Leaning back in his chair, peering into the kitchen he saw Juniper in pajamas. She had climbed onto the counter and was looking for snacks.

He was surprised since neither the other berserkers or himself had heard her. The only reason he knew she was here was because of the matebond.

He forgot how sneaky shadow demons truly were.

As if feeling his gaze, now that his attention was not on the game whatsoever, Juniper looked over her shoulder.

She herself looked surprised to be noticed before sending him a small grin.

Turning back to look through the cabinet, she held up gold fish to show him what she was getting.

Just as she began shifting to get down from the tall counter, Raphael stood from the table without an explanation.

His friends looked shocked at the departure. The head berserker came to lift his mate off of the counter gently.

"Careful baby," he muttered under his breath. Either way he knew all of the men in the other room could hear them both.