Twenty

Juniper followed behind Raphael as the three berserkers walked through the corridors of what seemed to be a prison.

It was the middle of the night, so the building was illuminated with bright lights.

There was demons of all kinds behind the cells, some leering at her.

She sneered at them as Raphael reached behind while speaking to Felix, offering his hand blindly.

Juniper reluctantly took it, linking their fingers together.

He tugged her into his side, "You're going to wait in my office here."

"How many offices do you have?" she muttered.

He only grunted in response, nodding to the room coming up on the left.

"Do you want Felix or Zane to stay with you?" His tone lead her to believe it was a suggestion more than a question.

"No." She glanced at the other men, "No offense."

"None taken," they both looked unbothered.

Raphael frowned and lead Juniper inside, shutting the door behind him.

Juniper stared up at him as he rubbed his brow.

"Stay here, don't answer the door for anyone other than me. Okay?"

She rolled her eyes but nodded nonetheless. He cupped her cheek, kissing her twice before leaving with a lingering look.

Juniper sauntered over to his desk, sitting heavily in the large chair as she looked over the dim room boredly.

"This sucks," she huffed.

Raphael was taking long strides towards the last cell, Felix and Zane flanking either side of him. Behind him he heard them whispering to each other but he paid them no mind.

Before he entered the room, Felix passed him a file with their information.

He grunted and nodded in thanks before opening the thick metal door. All of the cells were made with a unique type of metal that canceled out the use of magic.

He saw two men and one woman tied to their chairs, he kept his face blank while sitting at the table in front of them. Zane stood behind him as Felix stood outside the door.

"I'm assuming you know why you're here?" Raphael husked.

The man in the middle, who was a skinny warlock with dark hair piped up. "No, actually. We don't, we want to know why we've been taken in like criminals Mr. Saint. Honestly, we'd like to file complaints."

Raphael rose a brow, "And who will you file those complaints to?"

He waited a moment, no response as the man tried to answer.

"Me?" The Berserker scoffed. "You're on my land. You follow my laws. And you're being here at all breaks them, we have no record of your identifications or clearance for arrival."

Raphael snarled, "You're trespassing."

They all stalled, floundering while thinking of an excuse.

"Not only that, I have reason to believe you were involved in the death of one of my citizens here. A woman," it was hard for him to say the word death. It made his stomach turn to even reference Juniper and death, even if it was a lie.

"What proof?" the man in the middle sneered.

Raphael growled lowly, "My right hand man places you at the scene. He chased after you, actually. Before I got here he confirmed your scent."