Forty Four

Juniper had crossed her arms, staring unimpressed at Warren and Phoenix bickering.

Her black dress reached her mid thigh, dark glasses similar to the ones Raphael wore hid everything but the raise of her brow.
Raphael was stood close beside her, his side flush against her back. Besides him was Seraphina who was also unamused with her boyfriend.

"But if someone were to get stuck in a portal, they would definitely be cut in half," Warren insisted.

"I'm telling you, I've seen it happen and nobody died."

"But was it a witch that it happened to?" Warren's voice rose as did his passion on the topic.

"What's the fucking difference?"

"Witches can't be killed by portals! Common sense!"

"Are we interrupting?" All of them tensed at the unfamiliar voice. They'd just gotten onto the mainland, having opened the portal to the coordinates both Demetri and Raphael agreed on. It was a small village, close to the Bordoa's land.

All of them turned to see Demi, her mate Onyx stood behind her.

"Hi- uh... no they're just debating... something-" Juniper spoke up quickly while reaching out her hand.

Demi grinned a little, taking the hand while examining the woman. Demi at first glance, honestly seemed like she didn't have much going on upstairs. She appeared lost in her own world but now seeing her in a different setting, Juniper realized how calculating her gaze could become.

Raphael shook her hand as well, Onyx not offering one up as he rest his arm over his mates shoulder.

The berserker gestured to their friends, "This is my second in command Phoenix. His mate Seraphina as well as one of my warriors Warren. Thank you for meeting us here." Raphael's voice was professional and his face emotionless.

"Of course!" Demi chirped, "We want you all to feel comfortable. I heard about your reluctance and all Demon King."

Raphael rubbed the back of his neck while holding Juniper's waist. Demi continued, "I mean my parents gave offer after offer only to be denied. It's a wonder they're so generous."

Demi's words were kind but her face was hard to describe, it wasn't exactly mean per se. But definitely, there was a bite to her voice while sizing up the demons.

Onyx then leaned forward to murmur something in her ear, her demeanor changed immediately, and her shoulders relaxed. Onyx's black eyes cut to the couple after kissing Demi's cheek gently.

"We'll be meeting the others at our pack. It's in the middle from here to the Bordoa's, Demi will be teleporting us all."

Juniper's brows furrowed at the way he worded it. Teleporting? Does he mean just opening a portal?

Raphael rubbed her hip slowly, tucking her into his side protectively as he motioned the others forward. With Seraphina positioned next to her the women were barricaded in by the demon men.

"I need you all to grab hands," Demi silently cringed at the fact that she would be needing to grab another man's hand while Onyx held her other one.

"Think of it as a trust exercise for us," she giggled but definitely cringed very obviously while gingerly linking her finger with Raphael's free hand. Soon enough they were all linked in a circle and the others were visibly confused.

Juniper felt her stomach drop as everything went dark and it felt as if they were jolted forward and then back. Her knees gave out as she let go of both Raphael's and Seraphina's hands. Her mate looped his arm around her stomach to hold her up as his own stomach lurched.