Ch-1

The Gilded Qifeng Tower was located in the northeast corner of the Forbidden City and could be seen from a thousand miles away. At night, one could have a panoramic view of the prosperous lights of Shangyang Four Cities from it.

Everyone in Shangyang knew that the tower was built by the Emperor for Empress Yun. Although the whole Yun family was currently seized and sentenced to death by execution, and Yun Qingci was thrown to the Cold Palace, the most promising Imperial Consort Ning could still only grit her teeth and watch the tower from below.

The night was as cold as a blade, and the guards of the Forbidden City carried windproof lanterns while patrolling in the snow. Suddenly someone exclaimed: "There's someone in the tower!"

On the guardrail, a man dressed in white was standing against the wind.

"Insolent!" With the sound of armor clanking, the leader of the guards led his people forward: "Who is so bold to dare to climb the tower behind the monarch's back..."

"!"

In the icy sky and snow lands, this man was wearing a sapphire hairpin and a thin shirt that had no use in keeping out the cold and a pair of mismatched shoes that didn't fit his feet. He whizzed down from the top to bottom and hit the stone slabs of the Forbidden City covered with thin snow.

Blood like red plum blossoms splashed all around.

"This is..."

The unfinished words were stuck in the guard's throat.

No one dared to touch the person on the ground.

Not only because he was the owner of this tower, but he was also the Lord Empress of the Son of Heaven.

Moreover, because his previous image of being arrogant, domineering and devoid of humanity was so deeply rooted in the people's hearts, everyone felt incredulous and even creeped out that he would end himself in this way.

Some people believed that Yun Qingci had chosen the Gilded Qifeng Tower to jump to his death because his heart was broken by the Emperor. After all, although he was hated by his royal relatives and made outsiders fear him, he was devoted to the Son of Heaven beyond words.

Other people believed that Yun Qingci was bigoted and conceited. When he was alive, he often self-harmed in order to gain the attention of the emperor. This time, he was just defending his place in the mind of the Son of Heaven in an extreme way.

He didn't care if the emperor wanted to destroy his whole clan, but he was heartbroken to be sent to the Cold Palace. He really dared to love, hate, and give up his life like a madman.

Never had he seemed to be quiet, he was always hysterical, arrogant and jealous, changeable like a wind, always with a lingering hostility between his eyebrows. No one dared to directly meet his sharp, cold, proud and sneering eyes – to the point that people ignored the fact that he was actually born very good-looking.

With his hair black and his skin as white as ice, he looked like an ink painting. Thick blood spread from under him, quickly engulfing the snow, dyeing his clothes and skin red, like a large stain of cinnabar splashed on a scroll.

When he closed his eyes and looked serene, the sky and the earth seemed to fade away with the sight of his bloodless lips.

The leader of the guard's throat was throbbing, and he didn't dare to look more.

Soon, no one in the palace was allowed to talk about the Lord Empress anymore. The Son of Heaven, who used to be kind-hearted and virtuous, started a big massacre and killed all the palace slaves who liked to gossip.