Ch-2

Yun Qingci didn't hold back and chuckled.

How stupid was he in his previous life to not recognize such obvious malice! He even actually trusted those words. In order to force his father to intercede with Li Ying, he abused himself like crazy and made himself bruised all over, then, as expected by the Empress Dowager, Prime Minister Yun really went to the emperor.

He knelt in Jiangshan Hall for a day and a night, looking like he was just an old father begging for forgiveness for his child, but the force behind him inevitably made the young Emperor suspicious. The Son of Heaven agreed to the Prime Minister's request, not because he pitied Yun Qingci's father, but because, after careful consideration, he didn't want to offend the Yun family for Yun Qingci's sake.

Yun Qingci still remembered the moment his father came back. Struggling to sit up from the bed and ignoring his father's exhaustion and blue shadows under his eyes, he asked expectantly and anxiously: "Does he still want me?"

His father looked at him with compassion, looked at him for a long time before saying in a muffled voice: "Yes."

And Yun Qingci immediately laughed happily.

He was the only one smiling, while everyone else showed a bleak expression. But at that time, Yun Qingci didn't care about anything, he only cared about Li Ying.

It wasn't until later that Yun Qingci understood that on that day his father must have anticipated the end of the Yun family.

He knew that his kneeling, no matter how humble it was, was a threat in the eyes of the Son of Heaven. It couldn't be an open threat because Yun Qingci was still in Li Ying's hands, but it was still considered a covert threat.

This was why Li Ying became more and more afraid of the Yun family, and later the Yun family was found out to have formed a group in their self-interest. Prime Minister Yun had formed it to seek survival for the entire clan and this ugly situation all started from that kneeling.

That kneeling also caused Prime Minister Yun's always tough body to fall into illness.

It was clear at a glance who his true family was. It was ridiculous how blindsided Yun Qingci was in his previous life. Because of his prejudice against his father, he believed the enemy and pushed his whole family to death.

But in fact, even if he did nothing, he would still remain the Lord Empress. Even if Li Ying really wanted to abolish him, the Empress Dowager would never allow it because Yun Qingci was her only bargaining chip to restrain the Yun family.

Zhou Zhao looked puzzled: "Why did Lord Empress laugh?"

Yun Qingci's heart was clear, his eyes were shining, and instead of answering, he asked rhetorically: "Why does Gonggong think I'm laughing?"

Zhou Zhao observed him for a little bit, but Yun Qingci only kept smiling and looking back at him. Even though Zhou Zhao had been in the palace for many years, he still had to admit that Yun Qingci's face was really charming. Once you stare at it for a long time, you will forget your true purpose.

He looked away and guessed that Yun Qingci was probably simply too happy to find a way to reunite with the emperor. Anyway, Yun Qingci was always crazy when dealing with Li Ying.

Thinking of this, Zhou Zhao couldn't help but feel a little contemptuous. He showed a somewhat expectant expression and said: "Then this slave is waiting for the good news from the Lord Empress."

Yun Qingci nodded carelessly: "Well, Zhou Gonggong, take care."

After Zhou Zhao left, Yun Qingci's smile disappeared.