Ch-19

The charcoal fire in the copper furnace was glowing bright red.

The emperor stood in silence, staring quietly at his Lord Empress.

Yun Qingci had just come out of the warm pavilion and entered the warm room with the dragon heater burning. His cheeks were faintly flushed by the heat, the blush spreading over his neck and collarbones like a thin layer of powder.

The whole person was clear and vibrant, like translucent fresh grapes placed in a glass cup, sweet and seductive.

Everything seemed so real.

But Yun Qingci, how could he so easily let his guard down against him, and how could he forgive him so easily.

Li Ying's eyes were soft as he said, "Really?"

"Of course," Yun Qingci said seriously: "I really just wanted to see you."

As soon as his lips moved, all Li Ying's thoughts scattered.

Li Ying unconsciously reached out his hand and came up closer, breathing lightly. Yun Qingci cooperated obediently, but then pulled away avoiding a touch. He walked behind the screen, tilted his head and asked, "Have you eaten before coming?"

Li Ying followed him with his eyes and said, "En."

Yun Qingci stopped at the table. Li Ying walked over and touched his fingers. A moment later, their fingers separated, and Yun Qingci continued to retreat. His eyes shone like water, and his voice was shy: "Actually, it's not completely fine."

Li Ying slowly followed him, as if hooked. "What do you mean?"

Yun Qingci turned around and came up to the wooden desk in front of the window. His long hair was scattered on his thin shoulders. He lowered his eyelashes and looked at the tea set on the desk, continuing as if talking to himself: "I dare not say."

Standing behind him, Li Ying could clearly see his slender neck and half of his delicate face, and every tremor of his long eyelashes seemed to touch the tip of his heart.

Li Ying couldn't help but raise his arms, encircling him in a virtual hug, and said dumbly: "You can say it."

Yun Qingci tilted his head and raised his face. His neck made a distinct and fragile line, and his expression was innocent: "I'm afraid you will be angry if I say it."

Li Ying leaned closer, tightening his arms from a virtual hug to a real one around Yun Qingci's thin waist. "I won't be angry with you."

He was breathing with restraint. Yun Qingci thought for a while, keeping a distance where they could feel each other's breath, and asked, "Then can you accompany me out of the palace tomorrow?"

"Yes." Li Ying's throat seemed to be blocked by something. He stared at Yun Qingci's lips intently, his Adam's apple rolling.

Yun Qingci turned around in his embrace and put his arms around Li Ying's neck, as if hugging back, but avoided the kiss that was about to land.

He said softly: "Then tonight, Your Majesty will stay with me."

Li Ying closed his eyes and said, "Okay."

He bent over, picked Yun Qingci up and strode towards the phoenix couch. Yun Qingci's body sunk into the soft mattresses, and Li Ying pressed his knees at his sides, trapping him.

Yun Qingci laid down, overwhelmed. His eyes widened slightly, and he called, "Your Majesty..."

Li Ying stared at him for a long time. His knuckles whitened, and he finally reached out and pulled the quilt to cover Yun Qingci. His eyelashes were lowered solemnly, as he forced himself to turn aside and sit quietly on the bed.