Ch-18

Yun Qingci stopped briefly, but did not look back.

At Taici Palace, Empress Dowager Zhang, who received the news, looked surprised: "You mean, the emperor beat Concubine Ning?"

"I heard that she clashed with the Lord Empress." Qin Yan replied carefully: "The Emperor ordered her to be hit with fifty boards and to be banished."

The Empress Dowager's face sank, and her displeasure was evident.

"Hit a delicate girl fifty boards, she'll lose half of her life, if she survives at all. Was she really beaten?"

"The Lord Empress stopped it. Moreover, Concubine Ning went back to the Full Moon Pavilion to recover from her injuries, which was also the Lord Empress's order."

"This Yun Qingci..." The Empress Dowager looked confused: "And the emperor, why did his temper change overnight?"

Qin Yan hesitated and said, "The Lord Empress lost his face because he was expelled by His Majesty. Even a clay man still has some blood in him (even the most honest person would become angry), not to mention that he was raised by Mrs. Yun."

"Qin Feiruo had that stubborn temper." Empress Dowager Zhang smiled unfathomably and said, "If it weren't for that temper, how could she die so early?"

Now that she was older, she often reminisced about the past, and the people around her knew that from time to time she talked to herself.

Qin Yan did not answer and helped her walk out. The Empress Dowager said again: "In your opinion, why did the emperor change?"

"I think it's because he knows that the Lord Empress has been self-harming and crazy, and when he thinks of the past two years of discord, his heart softens." Qin Yan said with emotion: "This servant remembers clearly. Back then, it was His Majesty who liked the Lord Empress first. At that time..."

Empress Dowager Zhang glanced over, and Qin Yan went silent for a while.

The woman looked blankly at the snow in the yard with an air of depression around her, and Qin Yan stood with his head down.

After a while, the Empress Dowager said softly: "Aijia made him happy, didn't Aijia?"

Qin Yan was silent; Empress Dowager Zhang glanced at him again and said with a smile: "The person he admired when he was young loves him so much, what can he be unhappy about."

Qin Yan smiled and said softly: "The Empress Dowager is very right."

"Get ready, Aijia is going to see Concubine Ning."

When the Empress Dowager came to the Full Moon Pavilion, Concubine Ning had already taken medicine and was lying on the couch in a daze.

Hearing movement, she immediately stood up, but the Empress Dowager stepped forward, stretched out her hand and pressed her back, sighing, "Child, why did you offend the emperor?"

Now it was mentioned, Ning Rou's tears flowed again: "It was my fault. I said that the Lord Empress was terrible."

"That's it?"

"Yes," Ning Rou sobbed and said, "I shouldn't have said it to his face."

"You are being silly." The Empress Dowager shook her head and smiled. "Have you forgotten his temperament? He is the Lord Empress, you are just an ordinary concubine now. How can you commit such a crime?"

"I..." Ning Rou was full of grievances and could only say sullenly: "His Majesty loves him, naturally he was in the right."

"Does it hurt?" The Empress Dowager said, "I know His Majesty better than you do, and I have some means that you don't."