Ch-55

Li Ying took the knife from his hand and put it back in the drawer.

Perhaps because he had come in such a hurry, his long hair that he had worn loose during the meal was held loosely by a jade hairpin, half covering his ears. His outer robe, black as usual, looked very plain, even though there was some dark embroidery on the collar and cuffs.

This outfit instantly made Yun Qingci think about the times when the two of them were alone back then. At that time, Li Ying was always so casual in front of him but later, with concubines entering the palace, he could rarely be seen like that.

No matter how informal he was, he would be dressed in a dark-colored dragon robe, his hair neatly combed, his crown and clothes strict, and he looked dignified and noble, as if no one could get close to him.

Li Ying's charm was very old-fashioned, the kind of ancient charm that goes back a long way. If one compared his skin to pure-colored rice paper, his thick eyebrows and deep eyelashes were landscapes outlined with good ink, like mountains in the midst of autumn, accented with heavy hues. It was not stunning at a glance, but it was distinctive enough to be easily engraved in one's heart.

Yun Qingci liked him.

When you like someone, naturally he was good everywhere.

Even the pale lips seemed to be attractive to him.

Yun Qingci asked him, unblinking, "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing much."

"What are you doing if it's nothing much?"

"..." Li Ying had no choice but to say, "I followed you."

"Why are you following me?"

After a few moments, Yun Qingci tugged at him and urged, "Talk."

"Because I want to see you more."

Yun Qingci was barely satisfied and said with a stern face: "When my father came to pick me up just now, you could have obviously made me stay."

"I promised him."

"You can renege your promise." Yun Qingci said, "You can renege even if you promised, you are the emperor, it's not like he dares to say anything about you."

Yun Qingci hoped that he would take back his promise.

Li Ying lowered his eyes; the hand holding the corner of his clothes was as white as jade. He subconsciously reached for it. Yun Qingci immediately took the initiative to put his hand into Li Ying's palm and then took advantage of the situation. Holding Li Ying's fingers, he pulled him to the bed and sat down.

Li Ying realized that he had something to say.

"My father hopes that I will insist on separating from you."

This was expected. Li Ying lowered his head. Yun Qingci frowned and said, "He told me that since ancient times emperors have been unlucky and told me to think it over for myself."

Li Ying raised his gaze to look at him, his eyes like lacquered paint.

Seeing that he was finally facing up to this matter, Yun Qingci said calmly: "I don't think what he said is unreasonable. My father is doing it for my good."

Li Ying did not speak.

He didn't know if he was still qualified to keep Yun Qingci. Yun Qingci had seen too many of his secrets. Maybe he was moved now but he might not stay this way. One day, when he remembered the ugly Li Ying in his previous life, he would abandon him without hesitation.