Ch-53

Yun Qingci had seen it; had seen the disgusting appearance of his previous life.

There was no need for Yun Qingci to say more, Li Ying knew how repulsive he was.

A lot of flesh was cut off on his body and his arms and calves were disproportionately thin. He was wearing his dragon robe but no one knew that under it, he was already a ghost.

He didn't let anyone serve him. Occasionally, a palace attendant would seek an opportunity to get close to him. After seeing his appearance, they would be so scared that they would throw themselves on the ground and kowtow again and again.

Li Ying killed many people who sneaked in hoping to get favored but unexpectedly learned of his secret. After that, no one dared to try to climb his bed.

He had killed Yun Qingci. For countless nights he wanted to reverse time and go back. He knew that his physical body would not be used anymore. When the alchemist told him that the ending of this world could not be changed, he actually felt a little relieved.

He knew that if Yun Qingci saw him like that, he would never love him again.

It was better to sacrifice, strengthen the obsession and prop up the world he hoped for.

He knew why he wanted to smash the lamp; because there was another one in his place. He knew it when he was still in that body, he knew that he would feel painful, angry and jealous.

Even if it was himself who went back.

But no matter how desperate he was, he would not break the lamp.

He had given too much, and his body was already haggard. But his mind was absolutely clear and it had to support him until the final sacrifice.

With despair and hope, he would calmly walk towards death and rebirth.

All his expectations were on this body. The day he woke up in a frenzy to see Liu Ziru's rejuvenated face, he confirmed the time on the memorial and then drove everyone out to stand in front of a bronze mirror and look at himself.

At this time, he was still very young, and all the large, ugly, disgusting scars on his body had disappeared.

He confirmed that his face still had the appearance of the time when Yun Qingci was alive. He was young, spirited, tall and confident, with his back straight.

It was exactly the look that Yun Qingci loved the most.

He told himself that from now on, he was reborn and he would no longer be that Li Ying who was neither human nor a ghost.

He decided to say goodbye to himself who was as disgusting as a maggot.

He never wanted Yun Qingci to know how regretful, aggrieved, resentful, humble and lowly he was after his death.......

Like a mangy dog.

"It was not me." Li Ying heard himself say, "I didn't."

He left the dining table, breathing lightly, and backed away, saying with conviction, "I just fell asleep and came over."

"I don't know who that person is."

This was what Yun Qingci expected.

Li Ying would never admit that that person was him. He knew Li Ying too well. His self-esteem and his pride were greater than anything.

But Yun Qingci had too many questions. He followed and said, "Li Ying, I have seen it all. I am not mocking you. I just want to make it clear. I want to ask you plainly, what specific transactions have you made, except for raising lamps, feeding snakes and offering sacrifices... What else are you hiding from me?"