Ch-21

He really didn't expect that Li Ying would do all this.

Last night, he called Li Ying to Chaoyang Palace. Even if someone wanted to report Zhang Siyong's grabbing of the porcelain, there would be no time for that.

Early this morning, he brought Li Ying here. From the time he proposed to shoot Zhang Siyong to the time Li Ying agreed, it took only a few breaths.

But Li Ying was able to react quickly.

After shooting an arrow, he cut off Zhang Siyong's arm, and then forced Old Marquis to kill his son with his own hands, each action more ruthless and more extreme than the previous one.

For all this, Li Ying didn't have much time to think carefully and investigate the pros and cons. It seemed spontaneous, but everything also seemed to be carefully arranged.

He was really the natural choice for the emperor.

Suddenly it was scary.

Yun Qingci felt ridiculous, but he was ridiculous indeed.

Because of his previous life, he wanted to control Li Ying. How could such a man be easily controlled by ordinary people?

He deserved ending up like that.

But at the same time a wave of hatred and unwillingness surged in his heart. Why should he be played by Li Ying?

"Do you really have a heart?" He inquired with hesitation, but his expression was full of ridicule and coldness.

Li Ying gave a tragic smile and slowly leaned against the wall of the carriage. He tilted his head, the line of his slender neck smooth and graceful.

His Adam's apple rolled as he swallowed.

Li Ying said, "Is everything I do now wrong?"

Yun Qingci was a little surprised.

"How can it be," he said, "You are the emperor, and naturally you are right in whatever you do."

Li Ying seemed very tired. He opened his eyes. At first, he just looked at the carriage ceiling quietly, his thoughts unknown. After a while, he turned his head to look at Yun Qingci.

Yun Qingci was familiar with this expression.

In the years that followed, Li Ying often looked at him like this, with infinite tenderness and indescribable suffering mixed in his eyes.

He only needed to look this way at Yun Qingci quietly, and then he would get a warm hug and comfort, and he would sigh, holding Yun Qingci in his arms affectionately.

All those years, Yun Qingci had been waiting.

Waiting for Li Ying to confess his heart and share everything with him as he did when they were newly married.

The ridicule in Yun Qingci's expression became even greater.

He finally understood why Li Ying looked at him like this. Because Yun Qingci loved him and as long as he made this appearance Yun Qingci would feel distressed and would obediently be understanding of him and comfort him.

He needed Yun Qingci to be a virtuous empress, a well-behaved person who didn't tell him what to do and didn't try to control him.

Yun Qingci didn't want to just play the role of a tool. He was a greedy guy. He wanted to get something in return for his effort, wanted to be loved when he loved, and wanted to live and die together.

So Li Ying got rid of him.

Yun Qingci frowned coldly.

The Li Ying in front of him was not the Li Ying of the previous life. He didn't want to bring the hatred of the previous life to this life. In this life, as long as Li Ying did not touch the Yun family, they could be at peace.