Ch-16

The kiln factory building was low and dilapidated, and the emperor's brocade and jade robe looked out of place here. His tall figure seemed a little aggrieved.

Yun Qingci had already kicked him out of reach but still thought that he was not far away enough. He retracted his feet and frowned coldly because of the memory that had just surged: "Go away, don't stay with me."

Li Ying's lips curved downward slightly, his heart constricting: "Why are you driving me away?"

Of course it's because I hate you.

"This is not where you should stay," Yun Qingci said reasonably: "Your identity is too valuable, so go back to the palace."

"...You ordered someone to send a message that you'd return by midnight, why didn't you return?"

"The plan changed." Yun Qingci said casually: "It's snowing heavily, so I didn't go back."

"Why didn't you send someone to inform me?"

"It was too late." Yun Qingci recalled something and said, "I didn't want to trouble people."

This was an excuse Li Ying had once given him. He said that he would come to his palace if he was not busy. Yun Qingci stayed at the table more than once, again and again warming up the food he'd made with his own hands, until he had to order someone to throw it away. He went to bed alone. When he couldn't sleep all night, he wondered whether Li Ying was being compassionate to others, or just didn't take him seriously.

He didn't expect that one day he would be able to throw these words back at Li Ying.

Li Ying quietly raised his hand and stepped forward, as if to explain: "In future..."

Yun Qingci stretched out his feet again, and his white toes moved viciously, snapping threateningly.

Li Ying met his cold narrowed eyes, took a step back and said, "I have been waiting for you to return."

There was no earth dragon heater in the kiln factory, only smokeless charcoal that burned red in the stove, making an audible crackling sound accompanied by snow hitting the window paper.

Yun Qing looked up at Li Ying with indifference and inquiry in his eyes.

Li Ying was standing in front of him, and Yun Qingci realized that he still couldn't understand him. He had found an opportunity to ask Yuanbao, but Yuanbao just said Li Ying wasn't sleeping well, and there was nothing else unusual.

His eyes became a little colder, and he said, "So, you couldn't wait and you came to find me?"

"Yes." Finally not driven away anymore, Li Ying lowered his eyelashes and said, "It was windy and snowy at night. There was a thick layer of snow on my cloak. I took it off before coming in."

The light was dim in the room. After Yun Qingci realized that Li Ying's hair was half wet with melting snow, he suddenly felt weird and asked, "You know it's windy and snowy, so why do you want to come here in person?"

"I..." Li Ying looked at him and said, "I want to see you–"

The paper window swayed suddenly, whistling and clattering. Yun Qingci, who sat in front of the window, frowned because this sound disturbed him. He raised his hands to cover his ears and said, "What?"

Li Ying stepped forward again, and Yun Qingci immediately said, "Stay away. Forget it, if you are fine, go back, I want to sleep."

"How can you sleep here?" The window next to him looked like it was about to be blown open at any time, and Li Ying persuaded: "Let's go back to the palace."