Ch-20

This bow was used for hunting before they got married. It might have been too long. Although the bow was well maintained, the strength of the string had weakened a lot.

Zhang Siyong's angry yell came from outside: "Who was it? Dare to assassinate me?!"

He was a martial artist who was practicing all the year round and had been through a lot of battles. Thus, once he noticed the movement, he avoided the sharp arrow that shot at his heart mercilessly.

Yun Qingci felt a little regretful.

With Li Ying's shooting skills, if he shot faster, Zhang Siyong would have already been dead at this moment.

It's just that when Yun Qingci came here, he didn't think that Li Ying would really agree to let him aim an arrow at his uncle. He seemed to underestimate Li Ying's acting skills.

This man was meticulous, and he must have expected Zhang Siyong to avoid before he dared to shoot.

Yun Qingci ridiculed him thoroughly in his heart and retracted the bow into the carriage.

Zhang Siyong had already pulled out the arrow, and blood flowed wildly over his chest. But the arrow didn't pierce deeply and didn't hit a fatal point, so his life was narrowly saved. He was cautious and knowing that he would go out today, he had put on his armor in advance.

Old Marquis Zhang's soldiers quickly surrounded the carriage at the entrance of the alley. With a clanging sound, long swords were unsheathed one after another, set in formation.

Zhang Siyong's face was gloomy as he shouted, "Who is Your Excellency, and why are you hiding in the carriage to deliberately hurt people?!"

He knew that since the other party dared to hurt him in front of the Marquis's Mansion, he must have had a good backing. He mentally crossed out several families who had contradictions with the Zhang family and secretly clenched a sword in his hand.

Since it was a deliberate provocation by the other party, don't blame his men for being ruthless. The country's laws were clear, and killing in self-defense was not murder.

Even if he made trouble in front of the emperor, he was within his rights.

He stared at the carriage intently and did not notice that Jin Huan and Yinxi were looking at him coolly. Mr. Liu did not come today and His Majesty was hiding in the carriage. This guy was really bold to draw a sword at His Majesty's carriage.

Li Ying was waiting for Yun Qingci's instructions: "Since he is not dead, does Lord Empress want me to show up?"

Yun Qingci shrank his head and said innocently: "I didn't hurt anyone."

Li Ying smiled.

Outside, Zhang Siyong said impatiently: "Whose b*tch are you..."

The carriage door was pushed open.

The emperor was dressed in a black outfit, and his splendid dragon boots poked out slightly from under the hem of his robe. Every inch of this man's body seemed to overflow with magnificence. Just sitting there, he made people feel cold.

The unfinished words stuck in his throat, Zhang Siyong swallowed heavily.

There was a continuous 'clang' sound, as the soldiers dropped their swords and knelt down in horror.

"Your, Your Majesty, greetings to Your Majesty! Forgive this servant for a poor welcome."

Zhang Siyong's face turned pale.

In the past he had never feared Li Ying. After all, he was Li Ying's uncle. Unless he made a big mistake, Li Ying would not touch him. But today, Li Ying appeared here and shot an arrow at him...