Ch-38

Yun Qingci's carriage was brought out of the palace; it was wide and stable and it traveled like the wind along the official road.

When he arrived at the gate of the Forbidden City, as soon as he showed his face, the guards immediately let him in.

Prime Minister Yun was a step late and was stopped outside the palace.

He poked his head out and said, "I came with the Lord Empress, he's already entered."

The guards hesitated. In the Forbidden City, even an old minister like Prime Minister Yun needed to be announced if he wanted to enter. For many years, the only outsider who had been allowed to enter and exit the palace freely was Yun Qingci who had not yet been married to the emperor then.

It was a precedent set by the Son of Heaven as soon as he ascended the throne.

He was the only one.

Prime Minister Yun didn't want to make things difficult for the guards, so he could only ask to be announced and waited patiently outside.

The carriage couldn't move fast in the palace; so as soon as it entered, it slowed down immediately.

Yun Qingci suddenly heard screams and shouts and pushed the door open to see. Several concubines were being driven out by eunuchs. Yun Qingci didn't remember everyone in the palace; he had seen most concubines only once.

"Why are we leaving? Why isn't Yun Qingci?!!" A concubine was yelling: "His Majesty drives everyone out and lets him stay. Can he give birth to a child for the Li family?!"

Those concubines were timid in front of him, but unexpectedly they showed such a big temper behind his back. What a rare thing, how come in the eight years of his previous life he didn't find out that there was such a powerful character here?

Yun Qingci  couldn't understand it. They had been in the palace for two years at most. Apart from a few, none of them were easy to provoke. They must have been dormant, waiting for an opportunity.

They were afraid of Yun Qingci and did not dare to fight him head-on, because they had all been warned by His Majesty. Only Ning Rou, this idiot, didn't take it seriously.

Since His Majesty warned them for Yun Qingci's sake, it meant that he cared about Yun Qingci. No matter how much trouble Yun Qingci made with His Majesty, it was a matter between the Emperor and the Lord Empress. If they tried to bully Yun Qingci, the next step would definitely not be just a warning.

So they dared not.

But even though they didn't dare, it didn't mean that they didn't want to. Everyone was waiting. Ning Rou might be stupid but stupid people have blessings. If she overturned the Lord Empress and got on the throne, it would mean the people below also had a chance.

But now, all the illusions had been shattered. His Majesty was going to banish them all. It was really a bit of a surprise to be dismissed just after the New Year.

Even if some of them could go home comfortably, there were those who felt that going home would not be very good, and those who would miss their status in the palace. They naturally refused to leave quietly.

Ning Rou was also in this group of concubines. They say there is power in unity, and she surely had to share the hardships with her sisters at this moment.

Suddenly, Yun Qingci was seen. "It's Lord Empress, Lord Empress is here!"

The carriage was moving slowly, and everyone temporarily quieted and looked at him. Yun Qingci leaned towards the carriage door. He glanced at the beautiful faces in front of him and retreated into the carriage casually.