Ch-37

After New Year's dinner, Yun Qingci walked back to his yard lightly. Plum branches leaned into the corridor, and Yun Qingci stopped briefly to admire them.

He rarely had this feeling of emptiness in his body and mind, without thinking about anything, without doing anything and without a strong sense of purpose.

It felt like being thrown on the clouds, lazy and soft from the inside out.

In fact, it was quite a pleasure to be a worryfree dandy.

He saw a hem of someone's clothes brushing past him and noticed Prime Minister Yun who was not resting in his room but was walking somewhere with an unknown purpose.

Yun Qingci's eyes twinkled, and he followed sneakily.

Prime Minister Yun didn't take anyone with him and went straight into a small ancestral hall of the mansion. Yun Qingci stopped outside, already knowing what was going to happen.

There must have been a stick of incense lit as its smell reached Yun Qingci's nose. After a while, he heard his father's voice.

"Xiao Ci, this kid, is finally willing to get close to me."

"We had a New Year's meal together today. This kid's hands are really clever. His dumplings were better than yours."

"I have always been very worried about him... with that woman Zhang Shixue around, he was getting more and more unlike himself over the past few years. Not to mention His Majesty, I was frightened to hear it."

"You don't know how many people in the court see that us father and son don't get along and want to use him and pull him down."

"Zhang Shixue, what a great ploy."

"Hearing from Mr. Liu, it's not easy for His Majesty. That child... wanted to stick to me when he first ascended the throne. In the past few years, he had looked for me several times. He wanted to say something but I avoided him. An official and emperor are different. It's not that I don't know his suffering, but standing in this position, I am also walking on thin ice. How dare I make friends with him as before?"

"Zhang Shixue is too ambitious and wants this and that. The Zhang family's power has become bigger and bigger in recent years. I have mentioned it subtly, but His Majesty does have the intention to check and balance the court and support his mother's family. Maybe this power is handy for him... But for some reason, he has started to target the Zhang family everywhere recently..." Prime Minister Yun suddenly remembered something and said with a smile: "I've said something you don't like to hear again, haven't I?"

After a short silence, Prime Minister Yun's voice became hoarse: "You are right, I can't even protect my little son, how can I protect the country... I'm sorry, Feiruo, I never thought that the assassin would attack a child... Fortunately, fortunately, everyone is fine now. Except for that boy Qingxiao who still refuses to marry a wife, and his younger ones also learning from him. He, he is a very good prison officer. He handled several cases last year and went to many places. People respect him very much."

"Qingjue, now that he is in charge of the military camp, although he always tells me that he is worried he will not be able to do well, I know that he is doing well. It looks like His Majesty wants to reappoint him." He suppressed his worries and said, "Qingsu, this kid is not very motivated... In fact, I know that it's not that he doesn't want to, but he is afraid that since several of his brothers are already in important positions, if he behaves too prominently, it will cause His Majesty to be afraid of the Yun family... Well, the city guards are rather idle, helping people find chickens and dogs every day, he is quite popular, too."

"Qingji..."

Yun Qingci's eyelashes trembled slightly. This time, he heard his father keep silent for a long time before he said, "I'm not going to say, I hope they are all well, all well."