Ch-17

Ning Rou was not Li Ying's first concubine. She entered the palace just half a year ago, but before that, she had already heard of Yun Qingci's paranoid and jealous temperament.

She heard that at the beginning, the emperor still would persuade him, but later, the entire harem seemed to have become Yun Qingci's sole domain. He could hit whoever he wanted to hit, and kill whoever he wanted to kill. Even if the emperor said something, it didn't have any effect at all.

Not only did Yun Qingci want to kill people, he also liked to call them, the concubines who had ambitions to get close to the Son of Heaven, to watch. Ning Rou had a memory that was deeply ingrained in her. On the third day of her entering the palace, the Lord Empress sent someone to invite her over for tea.

She was very nervous and didn't want to go, but the person who came said coldly: "Lord Empress has given the order. If Concubine Ning doesn't follow, I'm afraid she won't be able to bear the consequences."

Concubine Ning could only bite the bullet.

On that day, Yun Qingci was punishing a palace slave. This palace slave had a very good life. His hands were cleverer than a woman's, and he was very good at combing one's hair. He was Li Ying's close attendant at the time. Ning Rou heard that he had the intention of climbing the emperor's bed.

In fact, from Li Ying's point of view, that slave was probably just a minion who combed his hair, but Yun Qingci had never been able to stand someone who coveted his Son of Heaven, so, he didn't even hesitate.

Yun Qingci ordered people to bring chairs for them, and everyone watched the punishment together.

The palace slave really had some means. When he was disciplined, he actually attracted the emperor to come in person. He cried bitterly for Li Ying for help, insisting on his innocence.

Li Ying ascended the steps and stood beside the Lord Empress, his tone faintly coaxing: "He's just a little eunuch, one of many. Spare his life. In the future, I won't let him comb my hair."

"Just a little eunuch?" Yun Qingci stared straight at him: "That's not what he's just said in front of me."

The palace slave cried and begged, "This little one doesn't understand what Lord Empress is talking about. This little one absolutely doesn't have any ideas about His Majesty. Please, Your Majesty, believe me!"

Li Ying turned to look at them for confirmation, and everyone shook their heads one after another. No one knew what the slave had said to Yun Qingci. When they came, he was already pressed to the bench.

Li Ying reached his hand to pull Yun Qingci, and the latter obeyed and followed him. Not long after, the two came out together, and Li Ying said, "Let him go."

The concubines breathed out a sigh of relief.

The palace slave was overjoyed, kowtowed again and again, and thanked the emperor frantically.

Li Ying told him: "You should thank Lord Empress."

The palace slave glanced at Yun Qingci and knocked his head reluctantly: "Thank you, Lord Empress, for your kindness."

It seemed that this matter had been settled.

The palace slave straightened and limped out. When he passed by the guards with swords, he suddenly heard Yun Qingci shout: "Wait."

Unexpectedly, Yun Qingci quickly walked forward, came up to the palace slave and stared at him for a few moments.

Clasping the guard's sword with his thin white fingers, Yun Qingci suddenly waved his wide sleeves.